Thread: does Spybot secure WIn7 Firewall before modification of settings made?

Question does Spybot secure WIn7 Firewall before modification of settings made?

I refer to https://answers.avira.com/de/questio...-eintrag-52651
    (in German)
    Problem: even if in Win7 Firewall Steam (or a similarr pogram) is checkmarked as "blocked", with any new start of a game Steam sets new open access, means it modifies the firewall settings w/o autorization.
    As a normal user does not check the firewall x-times / day this is a big security hole and can be used also from other programs by same way.

I'm looking for a program that definitely secures the firewall settings before any change w/o individual permit by me.
    Last edited by dreifels; 2016-04-24 at 03:03.

Default Answer: Yes it can ;-)

tested it with version 2.4 on Win7, and Steam cannot modify the blocking in WIn7 firewall anymore. Gibes first a windows asking for new install, that I do decline, and then question for online or offline and I say offline, and after that the game works finw w/o Steam's uncontrolled Internet access oparations in background. Noo open door and so its offline.

Edit:
    so this is the major reason for me to run S&D with it's immunization an addition to another AV program, as (so far I know) there is no other AV program around with a feature like that. ALL AV-Programs I tested do not protect the Win7 firewall before modification by Steam and similar programs which want to run autoupdate or download new anvertising or do other unwanted operations.
    Last edited by dreifels; 2016-04-25 at 04:29.