Thread: System scan doesn't end?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default System scan doesn't end?

Hi,
    when I set the system scan to work it runs a while and it shows the progress in the taskbar icon.
    Always when this comes to an end the process (system scan) begins anew. So I stopped it manually.
    Btw, it displays the remaining time at the second run always with: 2016 minutes .....??
    Why does the scan not end?

Regards-
    Dietrich

Default Endless scanning

Just bought Spybot for the first time because I have used the free version forever. After installing and updating it has been scanning for two days and says I have 15,186 minutes remaining, wth?
    version 2.4.40 (Think I want my money back and stay with the free version.)
    Last edited by JonEno; 2016-05-27 at 04:19.

Hello,

Please list:

Your version and edition of Spybot: https://www.safer-networking.org/
    The operating system
    Other security programs installed

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Exclamation My system scan does not end

I am running windows 10, and when I run my spybot, it scans the whole system but hangs up at the end of the scan, it shows that it hung up at Zlob which I found out was a Trojan virus, does spybot have a fix for this, I ran Microsoft malicious removal tool and thought I had eradicated it but Zlob (CMGrdian.exe) still shows up and hangs up in spybot. I have been searching my registry to see if I can find it but no luck there yet and I am worried that it still might be on my system since spybot just hangs up at Zlob and I have stop the scan and close the window in order to stop the scan.

Hello Steve B,

Please see PepiMK's forum post last March, it provides some background to the issue.

Also: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...zlob-zipcodec/

"Spybot’s system scan freezes at Zlob.ZipCodec

This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.
    Symptoms:
    – The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
    – The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:
    If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer.
    This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue."

Hope that helps, best regards.

Hello sarastro,

My response 7/14 to Steve B regarding the scan freeze on zlob.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post

Please see PepiMK's forum post last March, it provides some background to the issue.

This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.
    Symptoms:
    – The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.

Fix/Solution:
    If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer.

Please let us know if yours is not the same issue.

Default Thank You Tashi!

Hello Steve B,

Symptoms:

Fix/Solution:

Thank you Tashi! I was having exactly the same problem, and installing the fix you gave allowed my scan to finish. But I do not see that it identified Zlob.zipcodec as a problem, nor was it removed. Can you advise please?

Default Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 64-bit Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I am running windows 10, and when I run my spybot, it scans the whole system but hangs up at the end of the scan, it shows that it hung up at Zlob which I found out was a Trojan virus, does spybot have a fix for this, I ran Microsoft malicious removal tool and thought I had eradicated it but Zlob (CMGrdian.exe) still shows up and hangs up in spybot. I have been searching my registry to see if I can find it but no luck there yet and I am worried that it still might be on my system since spybot just hangs up at Zlob and I have stop the scan and close the window in order to stop the scan.
    this is happening to me also; I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 64-bit and Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181
    the System Scan stalls at "Product: Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files..."; Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181; when I choose "Stop scan" it gives "Status: Scan stopped." but when I try to close the pane, it gives the message "A scan is currently in progress!" "Do you really want to cancel it and close Spybot" and I choose "Yes"

Hello TomRioux,

Have you tried this fix: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...zlob-zipcodec/

Spybot’s system scan freezes at Zlob.ZipCodec

Symptoms:

• The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
    • The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:

• If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer. This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Best regards.

Hello,

Please list:

Your version and edition of Spybot: https://www.safer-networking.org/
    The operating system
    Other security programs installed

Best regards.

Help please!
    Mine also continues with an endless scan at the end of a scan.
    I have Spybot +AV 2.5 Home and Windows 10. What should I do?

Thanks!