Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System scan doesn't end?

Hello teri22ns,

Quote Originally Posted by teri22ns View Post
    Thank you for the welcome, Tashi! Yesterday, I installed the small fix you gave us, and that allowed my scan to finish. However, I was still experiencing slow running Google and email issues with Windows Live Mail, so I bought and installed the Reimage Repair tool.
    I am not familiar with that program other than the results of a Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by teri22ns View Post
    . They advise scanning again after running this, so I started my Spybot scan. It ran to 100%, then started over again on its own. Then it seemed to get stuck at 4.9% for a very long time. It showed the same number listed in other posts in this forum (Firefox cookie issue?) I run Windows 10, and have the current Spybot Home paid edition.
    As the fix for Spybot did work to resolve the original scan issue I don't know why another problem started. This happened after you'd installed and run the other program?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default My scans don't end either?

I am having the same problem, I run Spybot 2.5 it does a scan and gets to 100% and keeps running. It keeps starting over and running through every file. I downloaded the install program and ran that, but it is still the same. Is there anything else I can try?

Default Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 64-bit Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I am running windows 10, and when I run my spybot, it scans the whole system but hangs up at the end of the scan, it shows that it hung up at Zlob which I found out was a Trojan virus, does spybot have a fix for this, I ran Microsoft malicious removal tool and thought I had eradicated it but Zlob (CMGrdian.exe) still shows up and hangs up in spybot. I have been searching my registry to see if I can find it but no luck there yet and I am worried that it still might be on my system since spybot just hangs up at Zlob and I have stop the scan and close the window in order to stop the scan.
    this is happening to me also; I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 64-bit and Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181
    the System Scan stalls at "Product: Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files..."; Spybot Version 2.5.42.0 Malware Scanner 2.5.42.181; when I choose "Stop scan" it gives "Status: Scan stopped." but when I try to close the pane, it gives the message "A scan is currently in progress!" "Do you really want to cancel it and close Spybot" and I choose "Yes"

Hello TomRioux,

Have you tried this fix: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...zlob-zipcodec/

Spybot’s system scan freezes at Zlob.ZipCodec
    This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.

Symptoms:

• The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
    • The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:

• If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer. This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Best regards.

Default Purchased yesterday - stuck

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello TomRioux,

Have you tried this fix: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...zlob-zipcodec/

Spybot’s system scan freezes at Zlob.ZipCodec
    This problem was caused by a minor issue in the Spybot program. We are now providing a small installer that will correct this issue on your PC.

Symptoms:

• The scan proceeds as normal, but will stop progressing at Zlob.ZipCodec and won’t appear to finish.
    • The “Settings” button in the Start Center is unresponsive when clicked.

Fix/Solution:

• If you are experiencing this issue, simply download and run this small installer. This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

Best regards.
    I purchased spybot yesterday, July 15, 2017. Spent 14 hours whitelisting (would have been nice to know I wouldn't be able to use the computer for 14 hours) and today I updated, brought immunizations up to date and started a full scan.

Yes, it did a scan, started another scan and is stuck at 4.9%. I see the information above that there is a fix. Apparently it has been necessary to apply a fix for a considerable amount of time. Why should I apply a fix? Why haven't you fixed it?

So is it a fact that you haven't so I will have to apply the fix? Lovely. Thanks, sort of. I remember when spybot actually ran all those years ago and for free (and I did donate).

rainyfriday

New post: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post478243

Please respond there, thank you.