Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Supper Slow, Please Help, Logs included

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Looks to be running better. Did you find much? I run McAfee and bought Spybot Home. It was cleaned a few months ago. I don't download much, only go to major web pages. How am I getting these...
    Glad it's running better.

I think you still had a small amount of infection remaining from being cleaned last time. I didn't do a side by side comparison but did see a couple similar items.

What we can do now is run an online scan with Eset, a good trusted scanner, reliable and thorough.
    The settings I suggest will show us items located in quarantine folders so don't be alarmed with this, also, in case of a false positive I ask that you not allow it to delete what it does find.
    This scanner can take quite a bit of time to run, depending of course how full your computer is.

ESET Online Scan
    Note: This scan may take a long time to complete. Please do not browse the Internet whilst your Anti-Virus is disabled.
    • Please download ESET Online Scan and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus software. For instructions, please refer to the following link.
    • Double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to run the programme.
    • Agree to the EULA by placing a checkmark next to Yes, I accept the Terms of Use. Then click Start.
    • Agree to the Terms of Use once more and click Start. Allow components to download.
    • Place a checkmark next to Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
    • Click Advanced settings. Place a checkmark next to:
      • Scan archives
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth technology

• Ensure Remove found threats is unchecked.
    • Click Start.
    • Wait for the scan to finish. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    • Upon completion, click . If no threats were found, skip the next two bullet points.
    • Click and save the file to your Desktop, naming it something such as "MyEsetScan".
    • Push the Back button.
    • Place a checkmark next to and click .
    • Re-enable your anti-virus software.
    • Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Now What

I did the JRT, log above...

I tried to delete the Amazon 1button, but when I clicked it, it tried installing. I stopped it.
    It does not list uninstall, it just has a button that says "Change"

It does list the Amzon app though.

I have McAfee and bought Spybot Home. Should I use both?
    My computer was lots better, but just started bogging again. I know part is my internet is intermitent as they work on it. But loading Word should not be affected.

Did you find much?

I did the JRT, log above
    Yes, I saw that but my last instructions were to run Eset online scanner.

The settings I suggest will show us items located in quarantine folders so don't be alarmed with this, also, in case of a false positive I ask that you not allow it to delete what it does find.
    This scanner can take quite a bit of time to run, depending of course how full your computer is.

ESET Online Scan
    Note: This scan may take a long time to complete. Please do not browse the Internet whilst your Anti-Virus is disabled.
    • Please download ESET Online Scan and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus software. For instructions, please refer to the following link.
    • Double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to run the programme.
    • Agree to the EULA by placing a checkmark next to Yes, I accept the Terms of Use. Then click Start.
    • Agree to the Terms of Use once more and click Start. Allow components to download.
    • Place a checkmark next to Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
    • Click Advanced settings. Place a checkmark next to:
      • Scan archives
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth technology

• Ensure Remove found threats is unchecked.
    • Click Start.
    • Wait for the scan to finish. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    • Upon completion, click . If no threats were found, skip the next two bullet points.
    • Click and save the file to your Desktop, naming it something such as "MyEsetScan".
    • Push the Back button.
    • Place a checkmark next to and click .
    • Re-enable your anti-virus software.
    • Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
    • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
    • From the list of programs double click on Apple Application Support
    • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
    • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
    • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
    • when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
    • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
    • Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
    • when prompted click on Yes and then on next.
    • put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
    • when prompted select yes then on next
    • Once done click Finish.

Now, please run Revo Uninstaller once more and this time From the list of programs double click on Amazon 1Button App If found
    • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
    • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
    • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
    • when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
    • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
    • Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
    • when prompted click on Yes and then on next.
    • put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
    • when prompted select yes then on next
    • Once done click Finish.

Please post the Eset log when finished.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

I have McAfee and bought Spybot Home. Should I use both?
    Yes.
    Remember to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and use regularly too.

Default Eset

ESET found nothing 0.
    I could not fing a log file.
    I'll do the next step.

But though my computer was better, last night and this morning, its taking a long time to start a program again. None intenet ones too. Even with file scan off. Very strange...
    I'll do next step. Thanks

Default Revo

Revo was strange, but think it worked.
    After double clicking unwanted file, it scanned, then gave 2 options about restarting files, did not give option for yes or no. So I canceled and tried again. That time the yes-no box showed. On both files.
    After double clicking the Amazon1b file, it said not a vailid option, program must be installed. But I hit scan again and it bolded 2 files I deleted.

Thanks

Default McAfee

My Internet give a free McAfee program. The Multi Access, Total Protection.
    But I just noticed a new file, or just noticed it. McAfee Central. I thought it was my McAfee so I tried loading it. It asked for name/pw I noticed it looked differnt so I stopped. Do you know if it's part of the real McAfee?

Quote Originally Posted by gregw123 View Post
    My Internet give a free McAfee program. The Multi Access, Total Protection.
    But I just noticed a new file, or just noticed it. McAfee Central. I thought it was my McAfee so I tried loading it. It asked for name/pw I noticed it looked differnt so I stopped. Do you know if it's part of the real McAfee?
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...l/9wzdncrfj2gl

McAfee Central is a Windows Store app that opens a doorway into the McAfee security system on your device. McAfee Central shows you security status updates from your McAfee security software, and gives you access to your McAfee account and other security features

There are also reviews on the above link, some good, some not so good.

Got a question:
    When you reboot your machine and it begins al this lag, please right click on your tool bar at the bottom of the screen, then click on task manager.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

With task manager open I feel we will find most information by going to the "Details tab"
    Here, you can scroll up or down to located which item is using the most CPU and for how long.
    Please read over how to open and use Task manager. From here I'm trying find out what application or program is using the most resources at boot up.

Default Task Man

rebooted awhile ago again and my computer is lots better. So no idea the cause.
    I looked at Task Man, Like 4 scrolls of files, but can't find a way to log them all. Is there a way?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gregw123 View Post
    rebooted awhile ago again and my computer is lots better. So no idea the cause.
    I looked at Task Man, Like 4 scrolls of files, but can't find a way to log them all. Is there a way?
    Thanks
    Sometimes we never know what happened....

The only way to know what it is that takes up so much CPU would be to watch task manager and scroll around and look for a process claiming the most the most often.

You could open Task Manager and scroll to the place that appears to be running the most and do a screen print.

Take a screen print of the Task Manager.

* You can do this by pressing the PrintScreen key on your computer
    * Then go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint
    * In Paint, go up to Edit > Paste
    * Then Go up to File > Save As. Click the drop-down box to change the "Save As Type" to "JPEG", name it what you want, and save it where you want.

How to Attach a File to Your Reply

--------------------
    • If necessary click the More Reply Options button in the lower right hand corner of the Reply to this topic section of the Post
    • In the lower left hand corner you should see a Browse button under Attach Files
    • Click the Browse button and a new window will open
    • Navigate to and double click on the file you want to attach
    • Once the file path is entered into the box click Attach This File
    • If successful, you will see the file name appear above Attach Files with a green check mark to the left
    • When you are done with your message and hit Reply the file will automatically be attached to your reply