Thread: Crome opens a new tab and my homepage, Firefox wants me to D/L something called...

Default Crome opens a new tab and my homepage, Firefox wants me to D/L something called...

Hello!
    I thought Spybot would find these after I waited a few weeks after they affected me, but no! Opening Crome it goes to here AND it opens my homepage:
    http://www.trovi.com/?gd=&ctid=CT3333887&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&ISID=M8A486DC1-D1B6-4D4B-BAED-769C8B2549B6&SearchSource=55&CUI=&UM=8&UP=SPD58B82DF-BAC2-4676-9058-A4A5D1E1DDED&D=060216&SSPV=
    and Firefox wants me to d/l something called firefox.exe when I first open it! I have looked in my options for both to get rid of them, but no avail! I thought the Spybot search would detect them, but after a few weeks no! Help me get rid of them!! I had to edit my start-up of one or more programs and the Spybot did get rid of some, I deleted some bad things it created, but not all! HELP!!
    Last edited by tashi; 2016-06-14 at 05:46. Reason: Disabled link

Hello drbuck187,

Such browser hijackers are often bundled with other software. Please see: Optional Installs

A volunteer analyst can check the system and assist if you start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum

Please see the FAQ which includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016