Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Computer is running really loud lately, possible malware I'm missing?

Hi, I check marked all of those entries except the Weathereye because I like that to start up each morning when I turn on my computer. I noticed the two Apple/Cloud entries, can I delete those too? We don't have an iPod anymore.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I noticed the two Apple/Cloud entries, can I delete those too? We don't have an iPod anymore.
    For the time being, check those entries to be disabled because in the future you might buy another type of iPod?

I'll leave that up to you.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Ok, do I check the two Apple/Cloud things and click "add checked to ignore list"?
    About Windows 10, do you NOT recommend I install it? I still haven't and don't know if I should, it's just so new.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglepot View Post
    Ok, do I check the two Apple/Cloud things and click "add checked to ignore list"?
    About Windows 10, do you NOT recommend I install it? I still haven't and don't know if I should, it's just so new.
    checkmark those, they wont be uninstalled just disabled, then reboot.

Myself, I don't think my laptop can handle the Windows 10 update. Mine is old and has a couple of long time issues related to bootup. It's small compared to other machines and I just don't think it would go well, as in kill my laptop.
    When I'm ready for Windows 10, I'd rather buy a machine that has been prepared and that operating system built on it (and when money allows)
    Might want to turn off auto-update for Windows updates until after the 1st of August or it might just download and install it in the background.
    Read this article
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/29908...-fix-them.html

It's all up to you of course.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thank you for that, my computer is old too and I've been struggling with deciding whether to download Windows 10 or not. Not!
    Before I end all this wonderful help, can I ask.....what programs or scans, besides Spybot, should I run on a regular basis to keep my computer clean? I still have MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware and SpywareBlaster on my computer from last time I got help but didn't know if I should be running them on a regular basis. Any others? How often? The only one I run in Spybot weekly (Do I run Avast scan, I just though it did it in the background).

I found another posted article about Windows 10
    Four new Windows patches to avoid: KB 2952664, 2976978, 2977759, and Windows Journal 3170735
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/309...l-3170735.html

Also, I've heard if you hold off on updates till after or around the 1st of August, the free windows 10 offer stops.(Let's hope so)

~~~~
    Sometimes I come under scrutiny when I tell people what to place on their machines, some vendors think your pulling for one or the other ( and I'm not doing that).
    What I do is list options of different tools and let you decide what you think fits best for you and yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Let remove tools and quarantine folders first.

DelFix

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

• AdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
    • CryptoPrevent places policy restrictions on loading points for ransomware (eg. CryptoWall), helping prevent the execution of malware.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) is designed to prevent zero-day malware from exploiting vulnerable software.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (MBAM) works in real-time along side your Anti-Virus to prevent malware execution.
    • NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
    • Sandboxie isolates programmes of your choice, preventing files from being written to your HDD unless approved by you.
    • Secunia PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable softwarethat is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
    • SpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
    • Unchecky automatically removes checkmarks for bunlded software in programme installers; helping you avoid adware and PUPs.
    • Web of Trust (WOT) is a browser add-on designed to alert you before interacting with a potentially malicious website.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

I already ran DelFix a few days ago and then deleted all the other things on my desktop that didn't delete.
    Do you recommend that I install all of the programs in your last post?

AdBlock
    Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE)
    NoScript
    Secunia PSI <==Think I read here lately it hasn't been updated,,,,but you can still use it for a while.
    Unchecky
    Web of Trust <==You betcha!

if you find one doesn't fit your needs, just uninstall it.

my computer is old too and I've been struggling with deciding whether to download Windows 10 or not. Not!
    Found an article that might give you insight about how to disable features for Windows 10
    Disable Windows 10 upgrade

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.