Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Extremely slow

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Glad to see those items found and deleted.

I can offer you some help links and suggestion for YouTube

Changing Buffer Settings with YouTube Center

Visit YouTube. To access your new settings, navigate to the YouTube homepage. ...
    Open YouTube Center settings. ...
    Click Player on the left menu. ...
    Make YouTube videos load without pausing. ...
    Stop automatic buffering or playing.

YouTube No Buffer (Stop Autoplaying)
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ube-no-buffer/

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/74662?hl=en

Disabling hardware acceleration in the Flash settings
    To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:

Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
    Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
    Click on Settings in the context menu. ...
    Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.

Try the above and see if anything helps
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

what abogut this?

this doesn't look like it was revmoed?

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A} detected: Backdoor.Bedep (A)

The area that is normally seen didn't show up in pre-logs

Please open Notepad *Do Not Use Wordpad!* or use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail. (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the quote box below:
    To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.
    Paste this into the open notepad. save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt
    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
    It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A}
    CustomCLSID: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A}
    EmptyTemp:
    End
    Open FRST/FRST64 and press the > Fix < button just once and wait.
    If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

still need help?

Sorry with the holiday was traveling:

The issue is isolated to only one PC on this network, which has the fastest hardware , since this fix, the buffering has decreased significantly. I will update in a few days if it doesn't downgrade again.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version:28-10-2015
    Ran by Aaron (2016-07-05 22:37:48) Run:5
    Running from C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop
    Loaded Profiles: Aaron (Available Profiles: Aaron)
    Boot Mode: Normal
    ==============================================

fixlist content:
    start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A}
    CustomCLSID: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A}
    EmptyTemp:
    End

Restore point was successfully created.
    Processes closed successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A} => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
    CustomCLSID: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A} => key could not remove. ErrorCode: 0xC000003B
    EmptyTemp: => 1.1 GB temporary data Removed.

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 22:38:05 ====

Glad to hear it's better.

Next, launch Notepad, (Start > Run, type in: notepad) copy and paste next present in the quotebox below in it: (don't forget to copy and paste REGEDIT4)

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{F6BF8414-962C-40FE-90F1-B80A7E72DB9A}]
    Save this as fix.reg and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop. It should look like this:
    Double-click on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click "Yes" or "OK". You should receive a message that it was successful. You may delete the file afterwards

Ok - it seems all the fixes are temporary. right now when I try and open Gmail, it just stalls, in addition, when I do a good search, the search returns are quick, but clicking on the link fails. I have a laptop right next to me on the same connection doing the exact same queries with the same browser version with no issues.

I am wondering if it isn't something to do with the temp directory (each time it is deleted it is 1-2GB), which also makes sense that it works fine after clearing it, then after 1-3 days it is back to the same dragnet?

thoughts?

I tried deleting temporary files to no avail. it is something specific to this PC. if this borders on "tech" support I can move on, I just wanted to rule out malware or malware related items.

let's make sure it isn't anything to do with something internal.

Early on I found an error with your graphics but it really didn't seem to be much of an issue.
    Error: (06/01/2016 09:43:32 PM) (Source: nvlddmkm) (EventID: 13) (User: )
    Description: \Device\Video7Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 18 Error

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

System File Checker
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-checker.html

After running the above, if you will please try to run AdwCleaner one more time.
    If the icon is still on desktop, open the tool, look for and use the Uninstall button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

AdwCleaner
    • Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Follow the prompts.
    • Click Scan.
    • Upon completion, click Logfile. A log (AdwCleaner[S1].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
    • Return to AdwCleaner. Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark under the corresponding tab.
    • Click Clean.
    • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
    • After the reboot, a log (AdwCleaner[C1].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

-- File and folder backups are made for items removed using this programme. Should a legitimate file or folder be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the item. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[C1].txt.

======================================================

Please download Junkware Removal Tool
    or from here http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt
    to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

please post
    AdwCleaner[C1].txt
    JRT.txt

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.