Thread: SpyBot not running on windows 10 Pro

Default SpyBot not running on windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I have Spybot, set as a scheduled job, 9am every Friday, to run the actions as below in this order. I'm using Spybot search and destroy 2.5.42.0 and start center 2.5.42.130

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdate.exe" /autoupdate /silent
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDImmunize.exe" /scan /immunize /autoclose
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2" /scan /autoclean /autoclose
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDOnAccess.exe" /scan /autoclean /autoclose

I have been running spy bot as a scheduled service for years on windows 7, then 8 then 8.1...no issues. When I upgraded to windows 10, the scheduled process runs, but it is not doing the update or scan. I did the spybot for windows 10 upgrade.

SDUpdate.exe starts but I have to manually click "update" button now. (I noticed this when temporarly turning off "silent". The autoupdate seems to not be working, it did work in Win 7 and 8 and 8.1). Its not possible to hit the update in silent mode, therefore the first step does not complete)

SDScan.exe is not auto cleaning. It scans, then comes up and I have to manually click the "Fix" button. I think the autoclean option is not working.

Please let me know what could be causing this and the solution.
    thanks James

Hello Janning,

It might be best to open a support ticket here

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Question Can't get task scheduler to work for Spybot in Window 10

Hi, I was able to set up an auto-start task for Spybot S&D update on my Windows 7 system, but it is not working on Windows 10. I get the "Operational Code (2)", and I can't figure out why. I've tried everything I could find suggested in the forums, but I'm obviously missing something. I'm on version 2.7.65.0, and I can start and run it manually. Was there a bug that was fixed? Do I need to specify a "Start in" directory? My Task Scheduler action is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdate.exe" with the /autoupdate in the "add parameters" field. I've checked the directory and it is correct. I originally had /silent /background /autoclose in the add parameters field, removed them but it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for any advice on this,
    KR

I think that error code might be file not found:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...39;Last_Result'

Try clicking the task, then under the General tab, checkmark Run with Highest Privileges, and click OK. See if that helps.