Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon Not-Responding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon Not-Responding

I'm running version 1.5.0.35 on a Windows 10 Pro machine which is a brand new Asus laptop. I started the program and was able to block everything but the Telemetry hosts. When I go to the Optional tab and hit apply for Telemetry Hosts the software locks up and eventually says Not Responding. Also, when I go into the software and click on Immunize it also locks up and says Not Responding. I've tried right clicking on the software program and running it as an Administrator but I have the same problem. Any ideas?

Default Same problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddyin View Post
    I'm running version 1.5.0.35 on a Windows 10 Pro machine which is a brand new Asus laptop. I started the program and was able to block everything but the Telemetry hosts. When I go to the Optional tab and hit apply for Telemetry Hosts the software locks up and eventually says Not Responding. Also, when I go into the software and click on Immunize it also locks up and says Not Responding. I've tried right clicking on the software program and running it as an Administrator but I have the same problem. Any ideas?
    I had the same problem and got it working from advice on this site https://malwaretips.com/threads/spyb...-5-0-35.53314/
    I disabled Webroot and installed Anti-Beacon - it did telemetry host straight away.

Hope this helps.

Default Webroot Not Installed

Quote Originally Posted by newbie29 View Post
    I had the same problem and got it working from advice on this site https://malwaretips.com/threads/spyb...-5-0-35.53314/
    I disabled Webroot and installed Anti-Beacon - it did telemetry host straight away.

Hope this helps.
    I don't have Webroot installed on the laptop.

Default Hosts File Entries

I did notice that their are 37 entries now in my hosts file. Is that the Telementry Hosts (extensive list)?