Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon issues...

Angry Spybot Anti-Beacon issues...

So I installed Spybot Anti-Beacon sometime earlier this year. At the time I was using Gmail and didn't have any interest in using the apps that came with Windows 10. Now I am interested in using the Mail and Calendar app but I am having a problem. I cannot undo the Immunization I did with the OneDrive Service, nor can I undo the "Office 15 (2013) Telemetry Scheduled Tasks" and the "Office 16 (2016) Telemetry Tasks" immunizations. In other words I want everything unblocked and wish to rid Spybot Anti-Beacon from my PC. Uninstalling Spybot Anti-Beacon doesn't work, reinstalling and trying to undo the immunizations again doesn't work, and uninstalling Mail and Calendar with Microsoft PowerShell and reinstalling them on the Windows Store doesn't work. I'm out of ideas and decided to come here to have my issues fixed. *FORGOT TO ADD! I can only unblock one of the two OneDrive Service immunizations. I cannot undo the last one...*

I am just going to reinstall Windows...

Hello EvanZilla99,

Did you reboot after undoing the immunization?

See: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post466203

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Anti-Beacon Firefox incomaptibility

Antibeacon writes a file, antibeacon.js that causes an error when Firefox loads. Here's my description from a firefox forum: When I started Firefox, the "failed to read the configuration file" msg popped up, I clicked OK, then Firefox loaded ok. I searched for non-standard .js files in the mozilla firefox subdirectory and found antibeacon.js in addition to the channel-prefs.js that's supposed to be there. That file is part of spybot antibeacon that's supposed to block primarily microsoft spying. Anyway, I moved that antibeacon.js file and when I next started firefox, no error msg appeared. Unfortunately when when I applied antibeacon protections, the file reappeared, Since antibeacon reapplies at startup this may be an ongoing annoyance.
    Here's the forum post which goes into depth on how non-standard .js fires confuse firefox from loading properly: * https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/qu...answer-1184625
    Is there a way to stop antibeacon from creating the antibeacon.js file?

Default Anti-Beacon Firefox incomaptibility More info

Please note that the issue appears to affect the 64bit version of firefox, but a brief experiment with an n=3 shows that 32-bit firefox opens without the "failed to read the configuration file" msg and there was no antibeacon.js file in the Mozilla Firefox x86 directory which is used by 32bit firefox. I'm using the 60.4 version of Firefox.
    Last edited by MrToad; 2018-12-29 at 18:31.

You could contact anti-beacon support and tell them about that if you like.There's a contact form here, and under Software & Licence you can select Spybot Anti-beacon.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Default runtime error 217 popup

When Beacon finishes loading, a popup appears: "runtime error at 0044B212"

What is this error, and how to I eliminate it?

I am running Windows 7 professional and Firefox 115.6.0esr (64-bit) browser.

I also have ZoneAlarm running: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 15.6.121.18102

My computer has been virus free for many years now.
    Last edited by bkm9999; 2024-01-18 at 20:50.

I'm not sure on that. Try contacting Team Spybot. There's a contact form here, and under Software & Licence you can select Spybot Anti-beacon.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform