Thread: bug with lang sbl file.

Exclamation bug with lang sbl file.

Hi!!!

I just installed S&D on my new formatted Win partition. Its working perfectly!!!

The only bug I had, is with localized Greek lang file. Although the Greek translation is working properly, since I downloading the Greek->Hellenic fix, the Greek translation disappears, and Hellenic sbl file don't exist, so S&D starts with English interface.

OK, that's a minor problem. Although restoring a previous restore point, has no effect, I restored a partition image (with Ghost) and I add the problematic fix to ignore list, so now I have a fully working S&D with Greek interface.

I just posted to find out, if someone user has a similar experience.
    Although I'm using S&D for years, I'm new to forum, so everyone please accept my regards and my wishes!:
    Speak "Friend" and enter, or...

Esteemed Member

The problem is that the Hellenic SBL file is being unpacked into the wrong folder, which hasn't been fixed. I won't do a complete explanation here, since it's already been done in this older thread.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...2019#post32019

Anyway, you simply need to copy the Hellenic.sbl file from the Spybot Search & Destroy Updates folder to the Languages folder where it should be placed.

For some reason, no one seems to believe md usa spybot fan or me that this is broken.

Bitman

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is also another problem with using the Hellenic language option. It appears that TeaTimer does not work properly when it is set to Hellenic. See The following thread:

So if you fix the problem as suggest by bitman above and start using the Hellenic language, it may prevent you from using all of TeaTimer's features.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-09-15 at 20:59.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Wink Thanks!!! ;-)

I didn't noticed the previous posts. Sorry!!!

THANK YOU bitman!!!
    THANK YOU md usa spybot fan!!!

I'll take an image of my partition with the latest files, and I'll try downloading the fix, for seeing if its inside another directory, and if it crashes Tea Timer.
    Then I'll post again, what the results are.

THANKS again!!!

Question Unable to test it at this moment

Strange!!!

I installed S&D at my test partition (no past installations there), I updated but it has no found any Greek updates (fix, help file, lic). I'll try again, as soon as I manage to find another user with no S&D installation on his PC.

However, I have no problem here. Greek localization working perfectly, since I added Greek->Hellenic fix at my ignore list.

THANKS again for your help!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    The problem is that the Hellenic SBL file is being unpacked into the wrong folder, which hasn't been fixed. I won't do a complete explanation here, since it's already been done in this older thread.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...2019#post32019

Anyway, you simply need to copy the Hellenic.sbl file from the Spybot Search & Destroy Updates folder to the Languages folder where it should be placed.

For some reason, no one seems to believe md usa spybot fan or me that this is broken.

Bitman

Hi!

I reformatted my system and I installed s&d.
    Hellenic lang update, is now straightforward and the program interface is changing from English->Greek automatically!

Unfortunately, the specific problem, that md usa spybot fan described remains. With Hellenic interface loaded, tea timer is unreachable!

Anyway. I switched back to English interface and everything is working properly.

Greets!!!