Thread: How long does it take for a Scan to complete?

Default How long does it take for a Scan to complete?

I just purchased Spybot Home Edition and every time I start a scan it seems to run for hours.....7 to be exact...Does anyone know how I can get it to work faster...It seems 7 hours should be enough...It seems to stop on a certain file and then does not finish the scan.... Help....Please..Thanks I am new to this program so I need some advice...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tansey43 View Post
    I just purchased Spybot Home Edition and every time I start a scan it seems to run for hours.....7 to be exact...Does anyone know how I can get it to work faster...It seems 7 hours should be enough...It seems to stop on a certain file and then does not finish the scan.... Help....Please..Thanks I am new to this program so I need some advice...Thanks
    If the scan appears to stall while scanning for "Zlob.ZipCodec"; please download and run this small installer:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/fil...efreezefix.exe

This installer replaces a file that was identified to cause the issue.

If this solves your issue, your scan has completed but the results of the scan were not displayed.

To display the results without running another system scan, please go to the Spybot program folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

Here, run the file "SDCleaner(.exe)" as an administrator by right-clicking the "SDCleaner(.exe)" file and choosing the option to "run as administrator". This will open the results of your last scan so you do not have to run a scan again to find the same threats.

You can then remove the malware by clicking "fix selected". Sometimes the scanner will say "not responding" at this point for a few minutes but will begin responding again as normal when all the issues are fixed.

If this does not solve your issue, please let us know and we will search for an alternate solution.