Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: unexpected error encountered computer must restart msg

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hello Tonia, thanks for getting back to me.

With the problems this computer is having and the age of it I think at this point to try and get it fixed maybe like throwinig money out the window. You may just be better off getting a new one.

Last year a friend of mine bought a refurb from Dell and so far she has been happy with it, she got a small form desktop and I believe she only paid around $249, but it just came with the tower, mouse and keyboard, no monitor. You may want to consider a laptop, the 17" ones are just like having a tower. Look for one that has windows 10, if they only come with Win 7 thats fine, win 7 will be around for a few more years, maybe 5 oor 6. Just stay away from Windows 8, it was horrible

http://dellrefurbished.com/

You can also look at Costco online, they always have nice deals on computers, it depends on what you want to spend, see some nice ones for maybe $600, but there all new, not refurbished and there guaranteed by Costco, any problems you can just return it. Myself I have always been partial to Dell, but thats me

http://www.costco.com/computers-offers.html

If there are docs and pics on your old drive you can buy a hard drive docking station, you just pull the old drive out and place it in the docking station and hook it up to your new computer via a USB cable and you will be able to go into your old drive and copy and paste any docs or pics you want to keep from the old drive to your new computer. I have done this and this is the unit I used. I actually use my old hard drive for back up, using this unit I can transfer my docs and pics maybe once a month to my old hard drive as backup

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters.../dp/B0099TX7O4

Again I will keep this thread open for you, i would like to know what you decide

Ken
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Default Motherboard is bad

Hi Ken,

Thanks so much for your advice. It looks like it's the motherboard that needs to be replaced. I'm just going to get another computer. I will get that docking station you suggested to use as external storage so the hard drive isn't wasted.

You have been such a wonderful help to me and I really appreciate your patience and prompt responses. I'm sure I will get back to Safer-Networking again for advice. In the meantime, I will be offering a small donation to support all the support this site offers to so many people.

Thanks again and best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

Tonia

Emeritus-Security Expert

Thank you Tonia, I kind of figured it was some sort of hardware issue, motherboards can run around $100 or a bit more but there a real pain to install, sometimes things that you have on the system now like graphic cards, memory CPU wont work with the new one so its down the store to buy more stuff so you making the right choice by going with a new one.

I will close this thread now , if I can be of any help in the future just PM me

Take Care

Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Emeritus-Security Expert

Since this issue is resolved this topic is now closed

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue