Thread: Spy Bot license exe file is not opening on my laptop... running SpyBot free version..

Post Spy Bot license exe file is not opening on my laptop... running SpyBot free version..

Hi there: for those of you from Ireland, I believe my heraldry comes from there. Getting to my challenge, when I double click on the Spy Bot license.exe file that I received from for my Pro purchase today, it did absolutely nothing. I downloaded it again, and did it again, and still, nothing happened. I put the file into my jump drive, and then installed it in my new Windows 7 desktop hard drive, with a newly installed operating system, and I was able to install the Spy Bot software on it.

Here is my challenge. I have a file that will not go away in my laptop. I believe that it is malware, and that this is the file that is stopping my Vista laptop from properly operating. I will run another malware scan on it to get the name of the file. It is the only file that free SpyBot cannot get rid of. From what I can remember, it has the word "slim" in the name. Thank you, and I say God is Good. That is just a part of who I am!
    Last edited by tashi; 2016-09-18 at 01:34. Reason: Moved from the Tavern. :-)

Hello AJMiley,

For someone to take a look at the system in the Malware Removal Forum please start a new topic there after reading that forum's FAQ which includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then a volunteer analyst will respond.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016