Thread: Non US based servers for "secure" password utilities, alternatives to Last Pass, etc.

Default Non US based servers for "secure" password utilities, alternatives to Last Pass, etc.

Sometimes I watch too many videos about the NSA and survelience and now I am thinking no US company can not have a back door for obvious reasons, so for the true paranoid, maybe a non American based company would be safer--am I right? If so who or where is there relief? Thank you...

Hello Afinelite2,

Regarding password utilities, personally I prefer not to use browser password keepers or those in the cloud.

I have used KeyPass for many years without issue.
    http://keepass.info/

Hope that part helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool

IMHO, I feel it is not a matter if a password-vault services is hacked but when. Especially when hearing about all these ultra-secure sites still getting hacked. I used to work for a large secure defense contractor...and all it took is one of our "I have a Phd., I am smarter than you in IT, and I'll do whatever I want" engineer to click a link in an unknown email to infect our system.

I currently have a black book with all my usernames and passwords written down. It remains hidden in my house but easily reached. Obviously if my house burns down, I'll lose those credentials but...the computer will be toast so it won't matter! -)

TQQdles™

P.s. I didn't work in IT at that company...I was a lowly line worker! -)
    Last edited by Dolnor; 2016-09-04 at 04:11.