Thread: Win10 Anniversary Update; 21st, Sept. 2016

Default Win10 Anniversary Update; 21st, Sept. 2016

If you are using Win10 the recent update has disabled your Spybot and set Windows Defender as the default Antivirus Software/App.

Disabling Windows Defender is only temporary and I've observed no way to re-enable Spybot.

Uninstalling Spybot will solve this and will prompt you to reinstall after a system reboot, returning you to the working version you had before uninstalling.

As the Anniversary Edition of Win10 is a major update, Windows will have also reverted certain other settings to their default protocol. Congruently, Spybot is aware that is has been disabled by Windows in lieu of this update, allowing for the seamless reinstall.
    Last edited by Xenoc; 2016-09-24 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    If you are using Win10 the recent update has disabled your Spybot and set Windows Defender as the default Antivirus Software/App.

Disabling Windows Defender is only temporary and I've observed no way to re-enable Spybot.

Uninstalling Spybot will solve this and will prompt you to reinstall after a system reboot, returning you to the working version you had before uninstalling.

As the Anniversary Edition of Win10 is a major update, Windows will have also reverted certain other settings to their default protocol. Congruently, Spybot is aware that is has been disabled by Windows in lieu of this update, allowing for the seamless reinstall.
    I'm nervous about unistalling SpyBot, I bought the Home Edition on line and have not an access code. So how do reinstall it?

The following link provides a request form you can send to the Spybot team if you don't have a record of your access code/license.

https://www.safer-networking.org/con...esend-license/

You may also navigate to this link from the top of Spybot's Home page > Support Center > Resend License
    Last edited by Xenoc; 2016-09-27 at 00:46.