Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus or glitch ?

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

DelFix

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

• AdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
    • CryptoPrevent places policy restrictions on loading points for ransomware (eg. CryptoWall), helping prevent the execution of malware.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) is designed to prevent zero-day malware from exploiting vulnerable software.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (MBAM) works in real-time along side your Anti-Virus to prevent malware execution.
    • NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
    • Sandboxie isolates programmes of your choice, preventing files from being written to your HDD unless approved by you.
    • Secunia PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable softwarethat is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
    • SpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
    • Unchecky automatically removes checkmarks for bunlded software in programme installers; helping you avoid adware and PUPs.
    • Web of Trust (WOT) is a browser add-on designed to alert you before interacting with a potentially malicious website.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Thank you

I just wanted to say thanks again for your help and advice, ironically the computer suffered a hardware failure since my last reply so I'm sending this from my newer machine. After taking into account the age of the old machine and lack of support for it I have decided to put it out to pasture rather than keep trying to keep it going, it was a good computer and gave me years of use but the Vista OS at its heart seems like a fatal flaw with no cure and repairing it made little sense.
    Interestingly enough the machine I'm currently writing you on also shows the prosoft/vehicle computer on my network. The network is password protected with a custom password so I'm looking into possible explanations.

Interestingly enough the machine I'm currently writing you on also shows the prosoft/vehicle computer on my network. The network is password protected with a custom password so I'm looking into possible explanations.
    This might be legit.....this is my first experience looking into a network issue like this one.

See if any of this looks familiar
    alarm system.
    have a smart tv
    Vehicle Tracking
    Data Backup By Prosoft Engineering

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/Pr...-Modbus-TCP-IP

https://www.amazon.com/Data-Backup-3.../dp/B000O39RFM
    https://www.amazon.com/ProSoft-Data-.../dp/B000BFHFXO

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/La...less-Solutions
    https://community.norton.com/en/foru...couple-moments
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Network issue

Oh man, this is getting interesting . First I must admit to being "challenged" in the tech/software environment, so I'm mainly working off of intuition a lot of blind luck and occasionally a flash of insight, if you find me "barking up the wrong tree" please mention it. First the good news as you will notice shortly, I was able to get my wife's computer going again, I'll run the cleanup software on that shortly but for now I want to go over what I have learned from your last post. I went over the links/situations you mentioned and none really applied with the exception of the last one, that one sounded familiar and interestingly enough was a forum thread with Norton, the same antivirus I use. The last post in that thread made a lot of sense, I would copy/paste it here but I'm not sure if that's against rules.
    I guess you have read the thread so I'll go on with my suspicions, this would likely be a good point to mention that my wife has a smartphone w/facebook messenger installed on it, this phone also connects to my router when we are home and it was involved in the hacking that we dealt with earlier in the thread... . Now for the flash of insight part, usually on my network window on the computers I would see the phone when its connected to the WiFi but I just realized after reading the other thread you linked me to that the phone doesn't show anymore and has been replaced by (you guessed it) vehicle. A quick check confirmed my obvious observation, when I turn off the phone and reload the network window the "vehicle" disappears, restart the phone and in no time I have a "vehicle" showing up. I'll post screenshots to illustrate, the properties seem a little suspicious and I'm curious to know your opinion. (I hope I did the uploading correctly)
    I'm also wondering about the third "hidden" partition on my wife's computer and if it has anything to do with the hack but one thing at a time, I want to figure out whats up with my network.
    Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tracking device used on the phone in case it's ever lost? I say that because if you turn the phone off so does that entry in the network.
    I know they have that for Laptops.

Have you ever used some type of ProSoft Engineering (data recovery)?

Read over this link, very informative.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20521...andon-now.html

Let's restart the router.

Turn the computer off.
    Turn the router off, unplug it or use a switch that turns off the power to the device.
    Wait a few minutes, plug the router back in, when all lights have stopped flashing turn the computer back on.
    Last edited by Juliet; 2016-10-11 at 20:39.

Default Thanks :-)

After spending some serious time looking into my network mystery, I have to confess I still don't know what the "vehicle" computer was other than it was related to the smartphone. At this point I'm going to run the uninstall tools and make one more post to close the thread. Thanks one more time for your help cleaning my wife's computer, that was a huge help and we appreciate your time.

We're glad to help.

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.