Thread: Spybot can not install two updates

Default Spybot can not install two updates

Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (32). Since the end of last month Spybot keeps trying to install the following two updates, and fails every time:

Includes\Adware-C.sbi 9/28/2016

Includes\PUPS-C.sbi 9/28/2016

I have attempted to update Spybot numerous times, but every time it indicates that these two updates failed. What should I do? I can not find a way to manually download and install them.

Thank you for your help.

-- Daniel M. Burkus

Hi, the file Adware-C.sbi was replaced with a newer update yesterday and is not available anymore (thus you should get the latest file with yesterdays date). The PUPS-C.sbi should be up to date. You will get the latest files by downloading and executing our manual detection updates installer available here: https://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

If this still does not work, please reply and tell us which version and edition of Spybot you use. Thank you.
    (m/f)

Thank you for your answer. That was, in part, what I wanted to know.

However, after running the installer (and installing the files into the pre-existing SpyBot folder), I ran SpyBot updater just now, it says that an error occurred during Antispyware updates -- and (now) it says 10 files (most dating from quite some time ago) are missing. (I will attach the list as a .jpg to this reply.) Since I always update SpyBot before running it, this error message is annoying. (For the past couple of months I have always had to update it two or three times, since some of the files fail on the first attempt, but recently several files simply will not update at all. Earlier I checked the error and there were only the two files I mentioned in my first post. Now, after running the manual download, there are, as I said, 10 files missing. which were not indicated before.)

Since I also immunize my PC with SpyBot, this is annoying -- since it suggests that some potential infections are not being dealt with.

Do you have any suggestions -- about what may be the cause of this, or what I should do?

Thank you for your time, and help!

-- Daniel M. Burkus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hm, I think there is something wrong here. The manual installer should install all the latest files. It seems those files in the screenshot have been replaced with older versions (this is an error in the manual installer, not detected before) and those cannot be replaced with your SDUpdate.exe, which was the original error you reported. At least the other two files have been replaced and are up to date now.

Just a few questions to be sure:

1. Is your Update service running correctly?

2. Did you try restarting Spybot/your system and running SDUpdate.exe again?

3. In the folder Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Downloads there are .cab files containing your latest downloads. You might be able to restore the files replaced by the manual installer with those.

If everything fails, I suggest reinstalling Spybot.
    (m/f)