Thread: Advance settings not working in SB 2.5 Proffesional

Unhappy Advance settings not working in SB 2.5 Proffesional

Hi Guys
    In Sept I had a ranason virus on my laptop which took weeks to get rid of all the crap that it strewn all over evry file location.
    SpybotBootCD folder had Zepto and the dreaded help file in it.
    I have been having trouble with SB so I re-installed it. In the Advanced Tools I can't get the settings application to open it does nothing after being activated. No new window appears.
    Also in the Advance tools after activating the Startup settings icon a new window opens with no info and then freezes.
    Other items in other tools are hanging and freezing before opening.
    I have removed Spybot and re-installed but SB is just the same.

I am running Win 10 which was a free upgrade from Microsoft last year from which was previously Win 7.

Anyone have any Ideas. I have just re-newed my subcription in Sept and getting frustrated now with a product I have paid for which refuses to work properly
    I also keep getting messages that my virus programs are turned of from windows notifications when in spybot top right I have 3 green ticks.

Hello ColinBeckman,

May I ask how you removed the ransom ware?

For the other issues you are experiencing please open a support ticket and provide a link back to this topic.

Support:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Removed ransomeware

I used a virus scanner which removed the virus from appdata temp file. Then I removed all zepto and help files by hand. I have scanned again with spybot and malwarebytes and found nothing else

Default Support and tickets

I have sent loads to safer networks and getting nowhere.
    I have just uninstalled and reinstalled again. The built in uninstalled is not removing all components and freezing the restart. So I deleted program files manually. I reinstalled with post win 10 program but am in free mode now and not professional which I am subscribed to. Just emailed safer networks for another license download. Fed up with it all now.