Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tabs keep opening and redirecting with adverts & computer keeps crashing upon startup

its still running the same with redirected tabs.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

We're going to have to set Google Chrome and Firefox back to default because, nothing in the logs show any signs of entry, bad tasks, or extensions that I can see.

And malware scanners can't detect.

~~~~
    Instructions on how to backup your Favourites/Bookmarks and other data can be found below.

~~~

Proceed with the reset once done.

~~~~~~~~~~

Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop.
    Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop.
    • Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom.
    • A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).
    • After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.
    • The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates.
    • Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.
    • When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.
    • Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options.
    • If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click Yes.
    • Click on the Malware Scan button to start the scan.
    • When the scan is completed click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
    • When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.
    • Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and copy it to your next reply.
    • When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Version 11.9
    Last update: 10/26/2016 9:54:06 PM
    User account: Michelle-PC\Edgecrusher
    Computer name: MICHELLE-PC
    OS version: Windows 10x86

Scan settings:

Scan type: Malware Scan
    Objects: Rootkits, Memory, Traces, Files

Detect PUPs: On
    Scan archives: Off
    ADS Scan: On
    File extension filter: Off
    Advanced caching: On
    Direct disk access: Off

Scan start: 10/26/2016 9:58:28 PM
    Value: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1266558717-1336983367-1296811003-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\SYSTEM -> DISABLETASKMGR detected: Setting.DisableTaskMgr (A)
    Value: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1266558717-1336983367-1296811003-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\SYSTEM -> DISABLEREGISTRYTOOLS detected: Setting.DisableRegistryTools (A)

Scanned 81102
    Found 2

Scan end: 10/26/2016 10:29:01 PM
    Scan time: 0:30:33

Value: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1266558717-1336983367-1296811003-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\SYSTEM -> DISABLEREGISTRYTOOLS Setting.DisableRegistryTools (A)
    Value: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1266558717-1336983367-1296811003-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\SYSTEM -> DISABLETASKMGR Setting.DisableTaskMgr (A)

Quarantined 2

reset browsers?

By chance anything better?
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

i have only reset chrome, as i only use that and nothing else. the redirecting doesn't seem to be happening for a little while now, which is good.

well, my fingers are crossed.

OK, how we doing?

so far, so good. no redirecting has happened. seems to be working completely fine now, except for the buzzing noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    so far, so good. no redirecting has happened. seems to be working completely fine now, except for the buzzing noise.
    Wish I knew what the buzzing was from but I have to be honest, I don't know.
    I think this goes back to 2015?

It might be related to the age of the computer or something else along those lines.

Let me know if your ready to remove tools and quarantine folders.

Let's remove tools and quarantine folders.

DelFix

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).