Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No antivirus updates

Default No antivirus updates

I have not had antivirus updates for quite a long time. I get the messages:
    [00:00.000] [i] Update started...
    [01:08.650] [-] Failed to download updated Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [01:08.650] [-] The antivirus update failed to download files!

I have had trouble getting many sites recently although other computers here are ok. I am not sure if this is a related problem.
    Last edited by tashi; 2016-10-26 at 00:16. Reason: Split off to own topic

Hello FraserR,

Are you running Spybot as an administrator?

You can do this by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "run as administrator". This must be done to give Spybot the permissions it needs to function correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserR View Post
    I have had trouble getting many sites recently although other computers here are ok. I am not sure if this is a related problem.
    What is the operating system please, how long has it been since you were able to update?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I have Spybot starting with Windows. I can still start it again with administrator privileges. It seemed to be updating but I tried to update again and I am back to the same messages.

I still have the other problem. I used the command ipconfig /flushdns and it was solved briefly.

Hi FraserR,
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    What is the operating system please, how long has it been since you were able to update?
    Also, did the update problem start at the same time you were unable to reach websites on this computer?

Have you noticed any signs of infection, that the computer isn't running as it should?

Best regards.

The Spybot updating problem is probably older. There is program called usoclient.exe that's starts sometimes now. It could be something but it has not been detected by my antivirus software. I have Windows 10 Pro and I tried to get the anniversary update installed but it failed. I have uninstalled Spybot and I was briefly able to get all internet sites again.

Hello FraserR,

Quote Originally Posted by FraserR View Post
    The Spybot updating problem is probably older. There is program called usoclient.exe that's starts sometimes now. It could be something but it has not been detected by my antivirus software. I have Windows 10 Pro and I tried to get the anniversary update installed but it failed. I have uninstalled Spybot and I was briefly able to get all internet sites again.
    Briefly, did the problem re-occur?

usoclient.exe appears to be part of Windows Update service, a lot of people have asked what it is at various forums.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...af23787?auth=1

Did you receive an error message when the Anniversary update failed?

It appears something is not quite right with the computer's performance and it may be only a technical detail. We could find out if someone takes a look at the system and proceed from there.

If you'd like to do that please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

Posting in that forum does not mean the computer is infected, it is a place for members to provide logs.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can assist, also provide a link back to this thread please.

Best regards.

I have now got the Anniversary update installed but there is still various problems. Spybot won't install antivirus updates, some internet sites can't be accessed although sometimes I do get them, Windows update is stuck and the windows drive is sometimes busy. I will look into it again tomorrow.

I have now fixed my internet access problem but I still have trouble updating Spybot antivirus definitions.

Hello FraserR,

As posted by your helper here:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post473112

Please open a support ticket for the updating issue.

Also provide a link to this topic, thank you.

Best regards.