Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A log for inspection

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Thank you for your patience.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ZA.jpg

I installed a wifi dongle and I briefly had sites working until this message from zone alarm came up.

Might want to present that to your topic you opened at WTT.

My opinion is your firewall is causing problems,
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

I have uninstalled Zone Alarm 141. It did not seem to be compatible when I tried to reinstall it. I now have 150. I have disabled the LAN adapter then enabled it again and I am getting the difficult sites. I still can't update Spybot but I will uninstall it tomorrow and reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserR View Post
    I have uninstalled Zone Alarm 141. It did not seem to be compatible when I tried to reinstall it. I now have 150. I have disabled the LAN adapter then enabled it again and I am getting the difficult sites. I still can't update Spybot but I will uninstall it tomorrow and reinstall it.
    You uninstalled it and replaced it with a different version and now you can access the sites previously blocked?

Did the worse of this happen after you upgraded the machine to Windows 10?

try the below

If he has elevated Spybot's permissions to run as Administrator and still cannot download Spybot+AV updates he should open a support ticket so they can work with him.

The feedback from users experiencing this issue may help them move towards a solution:. https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

I suspect the problem started when I tried to install the anniversary update. It did not install correctly and I ended up downloading a DVD image to install it recently. Zone Alarm is quite bad for updating and you can find there is a newer version you weren't aware of. I still have the Spybot updating problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserR View Post
    I suspect the problem started when I tried to install the anniversary update. It did not install correctly and I ended up downloading a DVD image to install it recently. Zone Alarm is quite bad for updating and you can find there is a newer version you weren't aware of. I still have the Spybot updating problem.
    If you only knew how many poor people have had problems with these windows 10 updates...it's been a near nightmare. They had no idea what was coming. (ducking from microsoft police now)

I've sent a private message to an administrator to see what can be done from here.

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.