Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Removal of s.yimg.com

Default Removal of s.yimg.com

Hi Juliet, The Malwarebytes checks were carried out as per your info the scan ran and found no threats, (I had in fact ran and quarantined some threats 2 days ago on Malwarebytes) now in Application Logs I have ticked the first scan box and I am offered to options Delete/Delete All as far as I can see there is no options to export and post to you.

Hi Juliet, I've downloaded the Emsisoft Emergency kit to desktop and it updated itself but there appears to be no back button in the bottom LH corner??

Hi Juliet, Yes I can download a new notepad as regards the getting FRST.exe and FRST.txt to enter , I still unable to copy/cut and paste from desktop to the new notepad, drag and drop will appear to work and show in the newly formed notepad but seems unable to be exported and posted on this tread.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

let's try to use a shortcut
    Hold down Ctrl and press C to copy. Right-click the item's destination and choose Paste.

Try clearing the Copy/Paste Cache. This is for the creation of a shortcut. But should work. Clear Clipboard shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi Juliet you say lets create a shortcut, for "what" I'm completely lost as to what you are trying to achieve. I've tried push Ctrl and C for a shortcut but FRST.exe and FRST.txt are already on the Desktop, I did however get FRST.txt into a Notepad ,I right clicked and there was nothing about sending to destination, I clicked "select all' but was unable to send it anywhere.

I did however get FRST.txt into a Notepad
    Ok
    Did you set it or place it next to Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Open FRST/FRST64 and press the > Fix < button just once and wait.
    If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Yes they are right next to one another on my desktop.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Nothing seems to be working for me regards FRST ,so what if I remove all the previous FRST downloads from my Desktop, and start again with a fresh FRST download?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby06 View Post
    Nothing seems to be working for me regards FRST ,so what if I remove all the previous FRST downloads from my Desktop, and start again with a fresh FRST download?.
    We'll try this

- Save ALL Tools to your Desktop-

All tools that I have you download should be placed on the desktop unless otherwise stated. If you are familiar with how to save files to the desktop then you can skip this step.

Since you are continuing with this step then I assume you are unfamiliar with saving files to your desktop. As a result it's easiest if you configure your browser(s) to download any tools to the desktop by default. Please use the appropriate instructions below depending on the browser you are using.
    Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
    "Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.
    Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder
    and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.
    Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and
    select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
    NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

~~~

FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) should be on desktop, right click on that and send it to the recycle bin.

Now we'll download a fresh version.
    ~~~~

Don't run it now I just want the tool ready, we'll place the fixlist.txt next to it then click on the FIX button to run it.

Please open Notepad *Do Not Use Wordpad!* or use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail. (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the quote box below:
    To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy.
    Paste this into the open notepad. save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt
    NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
    It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

start
    CreateRestorePoint:
    CloseProcesses:
    HKLM\...\Run: [hola] => C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola.exe [2166376 2016-10-18] (Hola Networks Ltd.) <===== ATTENTION
    HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
    Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-1283020984-1161487079-2240348159-1001 -> No Name - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - No File
    R2 hola_svc; C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola_svc.exe [5622376 2016-10-18] (Hola Networks Ltd.) <==== ATTENTION
    R2 hola_updater; C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola_updater.exe [5622376 2016-10-18] (Hola Networks Ltd.) <==== ATTENTION
    C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola_svc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola_updater.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hola\app\hola.exe
    C:\Users\stock\AppData\Local\Temp\{BE5A9AF0-2DD0-4789-9FB9-D59C6AC46193}-55.0.2883.75_chrome_installer.exe
    ShortcutWithArgument: C:\Users\stock\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts\45a4b0557a8c430b\Radioplayer.lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe (Google Inc.) -> --profile-directory=Default --app-id=fcppdfelojakeahklfgkjegnpbgndoch
    EmptyTemp:
    Hosts:
    End