Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Removal of s.yimg.com

Default Removal of s.yimg.com

Hi Juliet I'm even more confused than before I selected Mozilla for my downloads and followed the instructions exactly until I got to "Select Folder" where it said now click OK, but where is the OK button there was no sign of it on my page ?.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

First, let's check Firefox and make sure you have the most current version.

Open Firefox, next click on the upper right corner.
    scroll all the way down to where you see a question mark, click on that, then next scroll down the window that opens and click on About Firefox.
    This will show you if you need to update.

Open Mozilla Firefox again - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options.

Next you should be on the General page
    scroll down to Downloads click the button Save files to
    then click on the Browse button and then locate Desktop.
    Then you can close out of that window and all downloads/files should be saved to desktop
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi Juliet Now I have Mozilla Updated to Version 50.0.2 and downloads are selected to go to desktop, the FRST.exe is showing on desktop. The previous FRST attempts are in the Recycle bin and its been emptied. I've noticed as a matter of interest that if you remove Adblock devices (Which I did have installed notably Adblock Plus,Adblock Ultimate
    and Adguard) and of any persuasion from Mozilla on Yahoo7 homepage the "Connected to s.yimg.com" on the bottom LH corner disappears. What now please?

/in

Update to my last message Re Adblock devices and there influence on removal of s.yimg.com, Please disregard as my observations were based on the first logon on the day where everything appeared back to normal so being adventurous I decided to add Adblock (I tried all of them) and thats where the trouble reappeared, now the wheel keeps circyling top LH corner and "Connected to s.yimg.com" come and goes . Thanks for all your help thus far!.

I nownotice

Were you able to run the fixlist.txt?

~~~

Adblock Plus, Once you have installed it, click on it and choose Filter Preferences. At the bottom

UNcheck Allow Some Non-intrusive Advertising.

~~

there should be an option to also remove acceptable ads - make sure you tell it you don't want any ads.
    https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi Juliet Regards the Adblock plus I found the box and unticked it for "allow some unobtrusive advertising" and on saying that I've just gone back there and found its been reticked by something or someone.I have now ran the FRST and its produced two (2) Notepads i.e FRST.txt and Additial.txt ,they are with tool FRST64.exe in close proximity on my desktop. What do I do now to achieve a fixlist.txt?.

Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop.
    Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop.
    • Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom.
    • A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).
    • After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.
    • The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates.
    • Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.
    • When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.
    • Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options.
    • If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click Yes.
    • Click on the Malware Scan button to start the scan.
    • When the scan is completed click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
    • When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.
    • Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and copy it to your next reply.
    • When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.

Hi Juliet I have downloaded the Emsisoft Emergency Kit which I installed and left a download named Start Emergency Kit Scanner.exe in downloads C:Drive which I cut and pasted to Desktop under Emsisoft Emergency Kit, So now I have Both the Emsisoft Kit and Scanner one upon the other on Desktop however when I click on the Emergency Scanner I get window "User Account Control" asking "Do you want to allow changes to your device", I have clicked "Yes" unfortunately nothing happens. I have done this several times and waited but still nothing appear to occur ?

Something went wrong somewhere.

Download Zemana AntiMalware:
    • open the program and without changing any options, press Scan
    • after the scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them

Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
    • open Zemana AntiMalware again and locate the latest report
    • please paste the contents into your reply.

========================

Zemana AntiMalware 2.70.2.25 (Installed)

-------------------------------------------------------
    Scan Result : Completed
    Scan Date : 2016/12/8
    Operating System : Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor : 2X Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz
    BIOS Mode : UEFI
    CUID : 126E4C4E5146E54B7E6DA6
    Scan Type : System Scan
    Duration : 9m 6s
    Scanned Objects : 66566
    Detected Objects : 2
    Excluded Objects : 0
    Read Level : SCSI
    Auto Upload : Enabled
    Detect All Extensions : Disabled
    Scan Documents : Disabled
    Domain Info : WORKGROUP,0,2

Detected Objects

Chrome Shortcut
    Object : --app-id=fcppdfelojakeahklfgkjegnpbgndoch
    MD5 : -
    Publisher : -
    Size : -
    Version : -
    Detection : Suspicious Browser Setting
    Cleaning Action : Repair
    Related Objects :
    Browser Setting - Chrome Shortcut

Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel
    Object : %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles\whawyrn4.default-1478817956913\extensions\{c37bac34-849a-4d28-be41-549b2c76c64e}.xpi
    MD5 : 2EF76B682455C93E9672540E1B6CDAA2
    Publisher : -
    Size : 22014
    Version : -
    Detection : PUA.FirefoxExt!Gr
    Cleaning Action : Repair
    Related Objects :
    Browser Extension - Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel
    File - %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles\whawyrn4.default-1478817956913\extensions\{c37bac34-849a-4d28-be41-549b2c76c64e}.xpi

Cleaning Result
    Cleaned : 2
    Reported as safe : 0
    Failed : 0