Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Removal of s.yimg.com

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

If AdBlock were disabled does it still try to load?
    Remember, owned and operated by Yahoo (not malicious), by using Adblock it stops this extension from completely loading.

If you have Zemana.AntiMalware on your computer, please delete it so we can get an updated version.

Download Zemana AntiMalware:
    • open the program and without changing any options, press Scan
    • after the scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them

Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
    • open Zemana AntiMalware again and locate the latest report
    • please paste the contents into your reply.

========================
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Removal of s.yimg.com

Juliet

You wont belief this but its working fine now on Firefox, I ran Zemana but it found nothing then it became a pest and kept loading and running scans every time I logged on so I uninstalled the program but it was still present in downloads so I deleted them and noticed that Zemana was finally gone from my installed programs. Whats happened I dont know and cant explain but I have installed Adblock Ultimate and its still working fine. I'll send this and go and check Chrome out so will report later.

Default Removal of s.yimg.com

Juliet,

I have checked Chrome out ,and I went there it went to Google.com page and when I went to change it to my homepage (Nine.com.au) , there was a Gear shaped icon it said something had changed the settings so I reset to my preference (Nine.com.au) now its working fine.

Good golly, glad to hear thats over.

Let's remove tools and quarantine folders now.

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thumbs up Removal of s.yimg.com

Juliet,

Finally the dreaded s.yimg.com has gone. I downloaded and ran Delfix which cleaned up everything bar Emsisoft so I deleted manually. No everything is back to normal.

Thank you so much for all your time and effort. May I wish you and Spybot a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!.

Glad to hear all is well with you, wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.