Thread: Answers please

Angry Answers please

Very sorry to get off on the wrong foot here but to say I am annoyed with this product is putting it mildly.

Since I installed Spy Bot I have suffered far more problems than with any other program before. despite running scans it has NEVER, I repeat NEVER found either Malware
    or viruses on my PC, yet today I ran another programme and bingo! around 90% my registry is corrupted with programmes your brilliant software passed as safe before I
    installed it.

I am not laying even more money to repair the registry because SB has appeared to be utterly useless.

Hello stewpot01,

What is your operating system please.

Version and edition of Spybot installed: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Were you experiencing problems that indicated a possible infection or did you have technical difficulties with the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by stewpot01 View Post
    I ran another programme and bingo! around 90% my registry is corrupted with programmes your brilliant software passed as safe before I
    installed it.
    When you ran this other program which said your registry was corrupted were you asked to make a purchase in order to "fix it"?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello stewpot01,

What is your operating system please.

Version and edition of Spybot installed: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Were you experiencing problems that indicated a possible infection or did you have technical difficulties with the machine.

Originally Posted by stewpot01
    I ran another programme and bingo! around 90% my registry is corrupted with programmes your brilliant software passed as safe before I
    installed it.

When you ran this other program which said your registry was corrupted were you asked to make a purchase in order to "fix it"?

Best regards.
    I never had a problem at all with the registry until I installed Spy Bot. I run Win 7 64 bit. I am now going to have to format the HD and reinstall everything. Don't bother to expect me to reinstall your software ever again, and you won't have the automatic renewal either as I will make sure the money won't be in when it is due. Thoroughly disgusted by this and your advice has been as much use as a chocolate battleship.

Hello stewpot01,

Quote Originally Posted by stewpot01 View Post
    Thoroughly disgusted by this and your advice has been as much use as a chocolate battleship.
    I would have liked to help but did not receive a response that might have allowed me to do so.

If you would like to open a support ticket: https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016