Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp A file containing error information has been created

Default BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp A file containing error information has been created

Please correct the error information in the BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

Hello Kipbob,

Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...t-scanner-dmp/

If you receiving the following message, it is possible that one of Spybot’s files has become corrupted and needs to be replaced.

To fix this issue:

• Please go to the Spybot program folder and check if a 32kB “SDAV.dll” file is present.
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
    • If the file is not present, please download this file from our “Missing Files” page, and copy it into your Spybot folder to fix this issue.
    • This file may have been removed accidentally by another antivirus or security program installed on your PC.
    • If the file is present, please check the file to see if it is the same size as the attached file. (32KB)
    • If the file has been corrupted, please replace it with the attached file.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default SDAV.dll

My computer will not allow me to place the replacement SDAV.dll file into SpyBot X86. Says I need "Administrator" permissions. I am the owner and ONLY user of this Computer. I am so tired of what Computers have become. My old Windows 3.0 on a the old Pavillion HP was FAR BETTER and had MORE USABLE Programs. This new stuff , you have to buy so many extras and download so many programs just to play a game or read my email. This new World Computer SUCKS. I have had to Reformat the $4,000 Computer more than 12 times. I used my old Windows 3.0 for 4 YEARS and not once had an issue
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-01-25 at 04:01. Reason: Removed email address in user name to prevent spammers from harvesting. ;-)

Hello amc_renault,

Quote Originally Posted by amc_renault View Post
    My computer will not allow me to place the replacement SDAV.dll file into SpyBot X86. Says I need "Administrator" permissions. I am the owner and ONLY user of this Computer. I am so tired of what Computers have become. My old Windows 3.0 on a the old Pavillion HP was FAR BETTER and had MORE USABLE Programs. This new stuff , you have to buy so many extras and download so many programs just to play a game or read my email. This new World Computer SUCKS. I have had to Reformat the $4,000 Computer more than 12 times. I used my old Windows 3.0 for 4 YEARS and not once had an issue!
    Using a computer's Administrator account may not produce the same result as elevating software permissions when necessary.

To open Spybot as administrator, simply right click on the Spybot desktop icon or the start menu icon and click “Run as Administrator”:

Then you can right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Unhappy I've tried everything but the error keep appearing....

Hi,

I have the same problem, I receive the error message every time I restart my computer (Win10)
    I've tried all the steps above +uninstall and install Spybot S&D 2.6
    but the error message keeps coming :(
    what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Kipbob,

If you receiving the following message, it is possible that one of Spybot’s files has become corrupted and needs to be replaced.

To fix this issue:

• Please go to the Spybot program folder and check if a 32kB “SDAV.dll” file is present.
    • If the file is not present, please download this file from our “Missing Files” page, and copy it into your Spybot folder to fix this issue.
    • This file may have been removed accidentally by another antivirus or security program installed on your PC.
    • If the file is present, please check the file to see if it is the same size as the attached file. (32KB)

Best regards.

Hi budflower,

I've had this problem too (twice) and I've resolved it on 2 PCs now. Have a look at my post in the link below to see if what it says helps you:

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post477250

I hope this will work for you.

Best wishes and good luck!

Default Bitdefender problem with 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Kipbob,

To fix this issue:

Best regards.
    Ever since i installed 2.6, I get the Bitdefender message at shutdown. The SDAV dll seemed to be the same size as the one specified, but I downloaded and installed it anyway.

There does NOT appear to be any dmp files in Windows\temp.

Any ideas short of uninstalling 2.6?

The posts in this thread up top are older, from last year and January of this year, which was prior to the release of Spybot 2.6. So replacing the “SDAV.dll” file was the correct workaround that was done on the prior versions of Spybot (Spybot 2.4-2.5, I believe).

However, when Spybot 2.6 was released some people were getting the same error but replacing the SDAV.dll was no longer working. Therefore, another workaround was posted in the forum. That is the workaround that Margaret McN was referencing in her post.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629
    As listed at the top of the post in the link, you can use this workaround if you have the free version of Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    The posts in this thread up top are older, from last year and January of this year, which was prior to the release of Spybot 2.6. So replacing the “SDAV.dll” file was the correct workaround that was done on the prior versions of Spybot (Spybot 2.4-2.5, I believe).

However, when Spybot 2.6 was released some people were getting the same error but replacing the SDAV.dll was no longer working. Therefore, another workaround was posted in the forum. That is the workaround that Margaret McN was referencing in her post.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629
    As listed at the top of the post in the link, you can use this workaround if you have the free version of Spybot.
    And there's going to be a fix for this when?

I install the new Spybot free using the automated Ninite installer in computers all the time in case my customers want a little more protection and purchase it. Having to manually install it and select numerous options during install is not really a fix.

Even in a brand new Windows 10 install I get those errors at shutdown/reboot. My only fix is either never install Spybot, or I've been disabling anything Spybot related from loading at startup and going into the task scheduler and disabling all 3 items (which actually doesn't work when I just checked now).
    Last edited by MrTom0; 2017-09-13 at 02:20.

I don't know when a fix will be released. You could ask Spybot Support about it.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/

Even in a brand new Windows 10 install I get those errors at shutdown/reboot. My only fix is either never install Spybot, or I've been disabling anything Spybot related from loading at startup and going into the task scheduler and disabling all 3 items (which actually doesn't work when I just checked now).
    Before the reinstall workaround was posted, to avoid the error message I was stopping and then uninstalling the Scanner Service. That alone stopped the errors and I didn't need to stop or uninstall anything else, and I left the scheduled tasks in place, too:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476387
    I realize that certainly isn't ideal with your situation, and using Nanite, since you'd have to go in and disable then uninstall Scanner Service after Spybot is installed, so it's a lot like the reinstalling workaround. However, if you did want to try that you can rightclick Spybot Start Center, run as administrator, checkmark Advanced Mode, open Settings, then the System Services tab, uncheck Active After Every Reboot, then click Stop. Then click the arrow and select Uninstall, then click Apply and OK. When you click Uninstall the bit defender threat scanner error will probably start appearing quite a lot. Restart and once you log back into windows again the error should not appear again.
    It lists underneath Scanner Service that it is the "System service responsible for scanning single files during on-access or custom demand scans, as well as internet connections", so you shouldn't uninstall it if you need those. I also thought I remembered Scanner Service being related to Live Protection somewhere on the forums, but I've searched and searched and can't find it on here anywhere, so I'm not exactly sure on that. I think I saw it somewhere in passing. But I'll mention it, so people with the antivirus editions don't see this post and disable their Scanner Service and run into problems.