Thread: Live Protection Question

Default Live Protection Question

or the admin at hand...i noticed this thread as i was looking for the problem i'm having and it appears this thread is about what i'd be looking for, but i see no replies from the poster as though it was resolved. if i may pick up where this stopped? or if not direct me to start a new thread please.
    i purchased spybot home ver. 2.4.40.0/start center 2.4.40.0.130 in december 2016 i believe, i run windows 10, and firefox ver. 50.0. i am including a screenshot of the activity as it happens once i click on a link usually. it appears in the bottom right corner just above the task bar. usually, or it seems to be getting worse in time, the link loading won't open. not as in a time out but it just doesn't load all the page or is blank. this started about 4-5 days ago. troubleshooting with help i was directed that a driver in spybot failed or was missing to uninstall and upon rebooting and reinstalling it would load the driver. another option was to open immunization and select "undo" which i did. as i was closing spybot i got the "runtime error 216 at 5003A116" prompt. i closed it and continued to see the scan window pop up still. i started to do this and not knowing what to do i'd rather ask, do i do the uninstall and reboot then reinstall or??? thank you!

rb

edit: i also noticed in the top right spybot window that live coverage was partial with an orange flag, then below that was internet protection is off. is this because i deactivated live? or? all it shows in the internet pretection tab is about proxies.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Admin Edit: Split off from https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...ive-Protection
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-01-12 at 19:22. Reason: Split off from another thread. :-)

Hello rcb56,

Quote Originally Posted by rcb56 View Post
    . troubleshooting with help i was directed that a driver in spybot failed or was missing to uninstall and upon rebooting and reinstalling it would load the driver. another option was to open immunization and select "undo" which i did. as i was closing spybot i got the "runtime error 216 at 5003A116" prompt. i closed it and continued to see the scan window pop up still. i started to do this and not knowing what to do i'd rather ask, do i do the uninstall and reboot then reinstall or??? thank you!
    Who was helping you troubleshoot, do you have an open support ticket?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

no tashi this is my first contact on the issue. it just did this 3-4 days ago and as for troubleshooting i meant i was simply using spybot help to see if it mentioned the issue. it showed the part on disabling live protection which i did and since the popup in the bottom right has stopped and sites load the way they did before. now my concern is my internet protection says "off", should i re-enable it? also the other file i posted was about live protection being restored or rebooted? could you direct me there on what to do or did i jump protocol here and post out of place and time? or should i have contacted elsewhere? please direct me if you need to tashi...i don't mean to jumble things up here or disrupt the help others need. thanks

ron

Hello Ron,

Quote Originally Posted by rcb56 View Post
    now my concern is my internet protection says "off", should i re-enable it?
    Can you enable the protection and let me know the result please.

Best regards.

ok tashi when i opened settings and live protection tab it said live protection was active, but the spybot window behind it shows in top right corner it's partial. i selected live protection advanced controls and this came up. should i attempt the uninstall or? also the decisions tab shows these two items. any action needed there? thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello rcb56,

What is “Partial” Live Protection?

“Live Protection : Partial” means that Spybot’s Live Protection is installed, but is not scanning new processes on your PC.
    It will still continue to scan any active processes that are open, but will not scan any new processes that begin.
    You can set Live Protection to “partial” by unticking the checkbox beside “Scan all program before they start” in the Live Protection Settings window.

To get to the Live Protection Settings window:

• Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and clicking “Run as administrator”.
    • Click on the Live Protection status in the Start Center.

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...ction-partial/

The third screenshot you provided shows that the checkbox beside “Scan all program before they start” is unchecked.

Best regards.

ooookkk! i was selecting the show live protection controls but aimed high and hit that and that window popped up so quick i looked at it and closed it then forget to tick that box back. hey who's in here using my nic? ok glad y'all caught that dummy! thanks tashi, it's all back as it should be so i'm good to go...i'll try and sharpen this pencil a little! y'all have a happy new year!

Happy New Year rcb56!