Thread: paid for upgrade but download wont work

Default paid for upgrade but download wont work

Hi ive paid for the upgrade to the Home edition with Anti Virus but although i have the licence down loaded i still only have the old version.
    I have a email confirmation with a link it wont work, if i use the link i still only have the old version
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-01-03 at 20:18. Reason: Moved from Bootable Spybot CDs. :-)

Hello lionelward,

Quote Originally Posted by lionelward View Post
    Hi ive paid for the upgrade to the Home edition with Anti Virus but although i have the licence down loaded i still only have the old version.
    I have a email confirmation with a link it wont work, if i use the link i still only have the old version
    As you have the licence.

To install your Spybot license:

• Please download the “spybot2-license.exe” file which you should have received in an email, shortly after purchasing Spybot.
    • If you did not receive your Spybot license, please make a request to have your license resent to you.
    • You can then run this file to begin the installation. The installer will install your license files.

1. If this is your 1st time installing Spybot, the installer will detect that Spybot has not been installed and will download and install the latest version.
    2. If you already have the Free Edition installed, the installer will detect the installation and add your license files to the program, activating all of the features of your Paid Edition.
    3. If you are replacing an existing license, the installer will detect the old license and will as you if you would like to “Install New License” or “Keep Existing License”.

When you re-open Spybot, you should now have a fully licensed version.

From the FAQ here. If that does not work please let me know.

Also your operating system.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016