Thread: spybotsd2-install-scannerservice.exe is missing and will be installed on next update.

Default spybotsd2-install-scannerservice.exe is missing and will be installed on next update.

This error is ever present in the update window. The update window also continuously shows "Updates are available" no matter how many times i run the updater. Also the test button for communication through the tray icon does nothing. I just recently upgraded from the free version to the paid version. I've searched these forums and I keep getting post hits about a different file being missing.

Hello SteveK14,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

What is the operating system please.

When you say, 'the test button for communication through the tray icon does nothing" does that also refer to elevating Spybot's permissions as so:

To open Spybot as administrator, simply right click on the Spybot desktop icon or the start menu icon and click “Run as Administrator”
    Then you can right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”.

Have you closed and re-opened the program with the same results?

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-01-07 at 05:24. Reason: Clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I am still running Windows XP SP3. When I right click the icon there is no menu item to run as administrator.

StartCenter.jpg
    UpdateList.jpg
    UpdatesAvailable.jpg
    TestButton.jpg

When I click the test button nothing happens.

Hello SteveK14,

Please open a support ticket: https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Also, provide a link to this thread so that support can see the screenshots, thank you.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016