Thread: Results not showing

Default Results not showing

I downloaded the free edition & ran a scan. After a few hours, it said at bottom left: scan finished 104 results. I clicked on show results on bottom right, but there is nothing there. I saved the log to desk top & looked in there. It has Trackers: Windows, Registry-keys-value, Browsers, security, adware, hijackers, pups & Trojans. Should all these be quarantined/deleted, even the Window key etc? And where do I click on to see the results & take any action?

Hello sasquatchhunter,

To display the results from your last scan:

• Navigate to the Spybot program directory:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 Or for 32-bit PCs:
      C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
    • Right-click the file “SDCleaner.exe” and choose the option to “Run as Administrator”.
    • This will then display the results of your last System Scan.

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-scan-results/

Please try that.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello sasquatchhunter,

To display the results from your last scan:

• Navigate to the Spybot program directory:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 Or for 32-bit PCs:
      C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
    • Right-click the file “SDCleaner.exe” and choose the option to “Run as Administrator”.
    • This will then display the results of your last System Scan.

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-scan-results/

Please try that.

Best regards.
    Tashi, I tried doing what you said, still doesn't show results from scan i just did or previous scans. The scans are all in the Logs folder, but can't bring them up to view & delete. Now what?????

Hello sasquatchhunter,

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchhunter View Post
    I downloaded the free edition & ran a scan. After a few hours, it said at bottom left: scan finished 104 results. I clicked on show results on bottom right, but there is nothing there. I saved the log to desk top & looked in there. It has Trackers: Windows, Registry-keys-value, Browsers, security, adware, hijackers, pups & Trojans. Should all these be quarantined/deleted, even the Window key etc? And where do I click on to see the results & take any action?
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchhunter View Post
    Tashi, I tried doing what you said, still doesn't show results from scan i just did or previous scans. The scans are all in the Logs folder, but can't bring them up to view & delete. Now what?????
    How many scans did you run after the first one please, did they all take hours to finish?

The items you originally posted appear to be the contents of a program file, rather than the results of a scan.

Where did you install the program after downloading it?

What is the operating system please and have you experienced any issues with the computer.

Also, do you have other security software installed such as an anti virus?

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-02-06 at 16:48. Reason: clarify

Tashi, the first time i started using this after downloading it, I ran 4 scans. I didn't time the length of the scans, maybe 2 hours? The results never showed, so i uninstalled Spybot using the Control Panel. Then reinstalled it. The software installed in 2 locations, why, no idea. I left it install where it said it would. There's a folder under C/Program Files (X86) called : Spybot-Search & Destroy 2. It has the following folders in it: AV/Help/includes/locale/Plugins/scripts/updates. I found another install in C/ProgramData, called: Spybot - Search & Destroy. This has the following folders: Cleaning/Ignore/Logs/Quarantine. Why there's 2 installs in 2 locations, don't know. The logs are saved 2 the 2nd install. I have Windows 7, Home Edition, 64. The only problem i have, is i had kaspersky for years & there was an update, so i downloaded the update, but it got an error every time i tried to install it. Kaspersky had me try numerous things, but it still would error. They thought maybe a virus? When i Googled for a good anti-virus, SpyBot was # 1. So i was hoping using this would clear out all adware, malware & Trojans. I have for awhile: RogueKiller, Malwarebytes & CCleaner. All installed properly & update normally. Before i typed this reply, I started a scan, 2nd one since i reinstalled, it took an 57.17 minutes. And now is showing the results it found. I guess it just fixed itself or maybe an update was missing? I'm including the log that i just finished of what it found. How do i know what should be quarantined? The Threat Level on most is a green box in the left side of the long rectangular box. Is that good or bad? At the bottom right, there's a ( Fix Selected ) to click on. Does this quarantine stuff or fix something? This scan results page i never seen before. Wish you had a pdf file to download & read so i could try & make some sense of this. But I'm just not computer savy as far as Viruses. Sorry for these problems, don't know much about viruses & adware etc. I want to buy the Home edition once i know what to quarantine/delete. Thanks for all your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello sasquatchhunter,

Thank you for the useful information.

The Search results from Spybot - Search & Destroy are showing cookies or registry changes to other programs, usually when they update.

To remove detected threats with Spybot:

• Once the scan has completed, click on “Show Scan Results”.
    • This will then show all the detected threats on your machine.
    • To remove these threats, press the “Fix Selected” button.
    • When the items have been fixed, a green tick appears beside each entry.

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...ected-threats/

Videos will be available soon to explain Spybot's features.

The lines after:

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 2.4.40.131 DLL (build: 20140425) ---

Those show updates made to the program's definitions.

Is Kaspersky still throwing an error? Did they give you a reason to suspect a virus?

Someone could take a look at the system if you'd like to post in our malware forum for a check up. If so I will provide the link.

Best regards.

Edit

https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?74236-New-Spybot-YouTube-Tutorials

New Spybot YouTube Tutorials

Safer-Networking Ltd is pleased to announce the release of the first video of our official Spybot tutorial series on YouTube. In this series, Rob from Team Spybot (RobBot at the Spybot Forum) will progress through the steps involved in installing, … Continue reading →
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-02-08 at 21:00. Reason: Added link

Tashi, Great video on how to install Spybot. Really, I've been asking since this past weekend what the items are in SCAN RESULTS & how to know what should be checked marked & quarantined. The results might as well be printed in Chinese. I'm not a PC tech, don't know what these files are & if they should be quarantined. I know what " FIX SELECTED " does. I don't want to quarantine things & then my PC doesn't function. A video on what to do with scan results would be great, since it seems nobody here except you is willing to help me. Also, still don't know what IMMUNIZATION is for & whether to IMMUNIZE all files in the list? Can't believe you don't have a reference sheet to at least show examples of what should be checked for quarantined or not. If I ever figure this out, I'll gladly buy the Home Edition, but NOT till I know what these 2 things i mentioned are explained. Thanks !!!!!!!!

Hi sasquatchhunter,

We did have written tutorials, I think they are being replaced by videos which will be released as soon as possible. The FAQS

Meanwhile perhaps you could open a support ticket.

https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

A link to this thread might be useful.

Best regards.