Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: clampi?

ok juliet now those are gone from device mgr. all there is is maybe 7 wan miniports and samsung, lan card and realtek

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

reboot the machine and tell me what it's doing.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Still with me?
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

well hello! remember me? sorry but i was away and just got back on. let me use it a bit and see how it is doing...haven't beeen on for a week so...bb in a bit...

well juliet after a small amount of browsing the web...it seems all is doing as should. including a copy of device mgr showing the network adapters now. the others i think microsoft? may come with updates? i don't know how they get on here but they seem to mess it up or confuse the system...maybe? i don't know...
    Attached Images Attached Images

As far as I Know whats showing as network adapters is supposed to be there.....like shipped out with the computer?

I got my fingers crossed that since we did the removal and allowed it to reinstall that did the trick.

well i don't remember what day now...we were about to do the cleanup of programs and something went south. that's when i looked in DM and saw all the adapters and there being maybe 12-13. the ones that aren't there now show up somehow and i thought maybe from microsoft in updates. they are WAN with different numbers. the realtek i don't know how came to be. the samsung is my cell tethered to my pc. if they show again i'll try and track them down to stop them and delete them.

Checked my own and at the moment I have 5, realtek is listed here to and I'm not worried.

use the machine a day or two and see how it goes.

It's been 4 days now, the computer still functioning?

hello juliet, thanks for your patience...i believe i've lost my desktop unless you have some more magic somewhere. it was doing fine as i did as you said. it did fine as i would like it to do but it still had a few quirks like taking forever to load. today it did ok, nothing unusual and when i went to use it this evening it won't open windows. it will open to my sign in and i go to type my password and my mouse quits. i've tried several corded and wireless. the courser disappears or just freezes up. if i do get to type it my keyboard quits before i get it typed in. it has come on a few times and opened the blue page saying it needs to restart or would i want to troubleshoot. i tried restore and it got me to the desktop when it failed. the other choices are restart windows and another i can't remember. it's open in bios setup now which i left on in case there was something to be done. let me know if you have any ideas or last words...i'll check in tomorrow...thanks...

ron