Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot freezing at post install update

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    Hi, You could look into your Spybot\Includes folder and sort files by date to see from which date the latest files are. This could help determine if anything at all was updated. Thank you.
    Yup, latest update was today, but nothing referring to spybotsd2-windows-upgrade-installer.exe ... happy to post a screengrab or whatever else you need. Also tried running as admin right click from interface, as suggested below by ...? sorry, missing user name, but still freezing on the installer file (last five minutes). I did (I think) notice that a couple of files downloaded and updated before it got stuck again.

Hi, screenshots would be nice. Maybe one one of the failed update, one of the folder, one of update details where it shows what is still missing. Did you post your OS by the way? I did not read that yet. Thank you.
    (m/f)

Default same here

I'm also getting this problem, whether I run as Administrator or not, on Windows 10. Last few lines of the "Checking for antispyware updates ..." window are

[01:26.814] [+] Extracted "spybotsd2-install-bdupd-2017a.exe-2.6.52.0.lzs"!
    [01:27.360] [+] Installed "spybotsd2-install-bdupd-2017a.exe".
    [01:27.751] [+] File "spybotsd2-install-iefreezefix.exe" needs to be downloaded.

Let me know if more info would help

Hi, you could also have a look into the folder "Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Extracts". If the file was downloaded at any point, it should be stored there and can be run manually. I just downloaded the file without any problem. Sorry to hear that some people experience difficulties like this.
    (m/f)

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    Hi, you could also have a look into the folder "Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Extracts". If the file was downloaded at any point, it should be stored there and can be run manually. I just downloaded the file without any problem. Sorry to hear that some people experience difficulties like this.
    No, it's not in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    No, it's not in there.
    Any progress on this ?

@ DarrellS: Sorry, I wanted to wait for others to reply to shed some light... The file is too big to attach it here. I suggest opening a support ticket with a request to send you the file and copy this into the folder manually. Please also report here if this solved the problem. Thank you.
    (m/f)

Made an account just to help as i was struggling with this for a good 10 mins of my life.

To get it to work you have let it update till it gets stuck

CLOSE the updater then relaunch it again....wait for it to stop then press the update button AGAIN it will then download what ever its stuck at and proceed to get stuck at something else xD

just rinse and repeat till its fully updated

The key is noticing when you can press the update button again. if you can't then you need to restart the updater. simple

Quote Originally Posted by talesoftofu View Post
    Made an account just to help as i was struggling with this for a good 10 mins of my life.

CLOSE the updater then relaunch it again....wait for it to stop then press the update button AGAIN it will then download what ever its stuck at and proceed to get stuck at something else xD

The key is noticing when you can press the update button again. if you can't then you need to restart the updater. simple
    Apologies for being away - lots of other stuff going on. Many thanks for this, it seems to have done the trick.

Default El consejo de cerrar el actualizador y reiniciarlo cuando se para funciona

Quote Originally Posted by talesoftofu View Post

ESTE CONSEJO FUNCIONA. Cuando se traba (necesita instalar iefreezefix.exe, cerrar el updater, volver a actualizar y avanza

THIS SUGGESTION WORKS WELL