Thread: Win 10 installation

Default Win 10 installation

Hi

I have today installed spybot 2.5 on a win 10 machine, a machine that a couple of years ago was upgraded from win 7.
    When the installation is finished i notice an icon that says "post win 10 spybot install".
    Have been looking for info but no luck.

The situation is very unclear:
    Does that mean that one always have to run this re-install if win 10 is installed?
    Or does it mean that one always have to run this re-install if one ever have uppgraded to win 10?
    Or does it mean that one only have to use this if spybot was installed before the upgrade to win 10?

Can I just ignore it?

Best regards

Hello matzas,

From this article: https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...pybot-install/

Spybot 2.5 Prompt – Post Windows 10 Spybot-install
    If you have installed Spybot recently, you may have noticed the appearance of a “Post Windows 10 Spybot-install” file on your Desktop after installation.
    What is it?

• This file was included in our updates for users upgrading to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, Spybot is likely to be uninstalled. It can be reinstalled by running this file, which will survive the upgrade process.
    • If this method does not work for you, please see here for reinstallation instructions.

What do I do with it?

• If you do not plan to upgrade to Windows 10, this file can be deleted. You can get this file back if you need to by reinstalling Spybot.
    • You can also delete the folder:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot – Search and Destroy
    • If you do plan to upgrade to Windows 10, or already have, you can run this file to install Spybot 2.5. Changes have been made to this version of Spybot to improve compatibility.If this does not work, please see here for instructions to reinstall Spybot.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default thanks

thanks!
    Best regards

Default Startup Tools not responding

I have resently installed spybot 2.5 on a win 10, 64 b machine.
    Some problems:
    - Startup tools does not work. I get a popup question three times, than a blank sheet. Waited for two hours then i closed the thing.
    - Settings does not work. Gets a popup question and then nothing. And more nothing. It kind of freezes and i cant even stop the Start Center. Had to kill the processes.

Best regards

Default Settings not working

I have resently installed spybot 2.5 on a win 10, 64 b machine.
    A problem:
    - Settings does not work. Gets a popup question and then nothing. And more nothing. It kind of freezes and i cant even stop the Start Center. Had to kill the processes.

Best regards
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-03-19 at 06:48. Reason: Merged three topics.

Hello matzas,

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions?

"A PC Administrator (sometimes shortened to “Admin”) is a user who has permission to add, edit and remove any files or system settings on a PC. When a program is run as an administrator by right-clicking it and choosing the option to “Run as Administrator”, this program also has these permissions.

Many features of Spybot and other antivirus programs must be run as an Administrator to search through all files of your PC for malware and viruses, and to have the ability to remove malware when it is found regardless of the location of the file."

Please let me know.

Best regards.

Default good point

Normally a good point, tashi.
    But in the header of the program that is visible it says that it is already beeing run with administrators rights.
    Automaticly.
    When i set the rights manually the problem is still there.
    Do you have other suggestions?

I see that you have put all my arrends under one header. The header "Win 10 installation".
    Is that really a good idea? That header is not a good description of problems with Settings and Startup tools.
    How should other users of this forum be able to learn from my problems with f.ex. Startup tools if the information is hidden under the header "Win 10 installation"?

best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello matzas,

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by matzas View Post
    I see that you have put all my arrends under one header. The header "Win 10 installation".
    Is that really a good idea? That header is not a good description of problems with Settings and Startup tools.
    How should other users of this forum be able to learn from my problems with f.ex. Startup tools if the information is hidden under the header "Win 10 installation"?
    Because the issues are occurring on a Windows 10 operating system, and two topics were duplicates. Startup Tools and Settings.

I wonder if the new video tutorials might help: https://www.safer-networking.org/201...ube-tutorials/

"If you experience any issues with Spybot that are not described or encountered in our video tutorials, please contact our dedicated Support Team to let them know. They will provide support to solve your issue, and if the same issue is reported to us by several users, we will work on creating a video version of the solution to include in the YouTube series."

Support Team:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Hope that helps.

Default Bye

Thank You Tashi.

I have found a thread in wich multiple users seems to have exactly the same problem with startup tools.
    The oldest is nine months old.

<https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?73586-Startup-Tools-and-Windows-10-64-bit>

They have a support ticket nine months old.

Guess it is rather meaningless for me to start a ticket.
    If spybot haven't fixed this in 9 months they probably never will.

Guess Spybot wont have me as a paying customer.
    I uninstall this now.

Best regards