Thread: "2 Clients installed" re SB S&D2 Pro

Default "2 Clients installed" re SB S&D2 Pro

Greetings everyone.

Probably just something I did, but I'd better post on the matter. Having just upgraded from 'SpyBot Free' to 'SB S&D2 Pro', installing it 'over-the-top I do believe. Then following it's immediate updating, even resetting Internet Explorer as recommended, then while I napped, a successful scan completed earlier today. Then I noticed a file on the desktop (TeamSpybot-20170408-121107.cab) and sought to find out what to do with the puppy. Update Logs mention the file and it arrived not much longer after purchasing and upgrading. However I believe the file is the update used for my initial updating and while I'm fairly sure it's of no use any longer, in that after pulling an all-nighter, weary as I was, I seem to recall when clicking on SB S&D2 Pro's update icon (in the Start Center's window), it downloading didn't appear to have worked. I waited and waited, no download notice, nor did IE's download folder list anywhere, but in as much as I use single-clicking on my OS, when I returned and re-clicked the Update icon until it finally responded, then I believe it (ahem) I either was asked where to download the file, that or perhaps my single-clicking preference mistakenly caused the download to default save onto the desktop. Either way, there it sat and still does, leaving me wondering what to do with it.

Never the less, I'd appreciate hearing from someone in the know, so expectedly I can either delete it or move it wherever it might should have been downloaded to, but moreover since poking around in order to assure myself the file might no longer be of any usefulness, I scanned that cab file towards determining it's contents so as to see if it's contents were or weren't incorporated into the system, which seemingly was fruitless in as much as my search revealed no such named "library files" which when unpacked I'm sure consist of numerous file names and not "library files", but soon after my scanning and searching, yet another issue reared it head. A pop-up appeared warning that '2 Clients appear to be running on PC's and that I was only authorized to have one on a single PC'. So now I'm a little worried, especially since I access the internet on a Public Wi-Fi and (having yet to determine if the server will allow me to run under a VPN, proxy, or even or even if its allowed for me to use a router and firewall of my own), thus who knows maybe someone's been watching my activities and decided to install SB S&D2 Pro for free. If so, I'd sure like to find that out (as well as potentially needing to straighten things out with TeamSpyBot and/or the Safer Networking fellas/damsels.

Sorry for the long read, but considering what might be a resulting ban from using SB S&D2, I though I better explain like when Ricky always told Lucy, "Honey, you've gotta lotta splaining to do".

Best regards and happ-e-trails to all,

urrguru

Default '2 Clients installed' re SB S&D2 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by urrguru View Post
    Greetings everyone.

Probably just something I did, but I'd better post on the matter. Having just upgraded from 'SpyBot Free' to 'SB S&D2 Pro', installing it 'over-the-top I do believe. Then following it's immediate updating, even resetting Internet Explorer as recommended, then while I napped, a successful scan completed earlier today. Then I noticed a file on the desktop (TeamSpybot-20170408-121107.cab) and sought to find out what to do with the puppy. Update Logs mention the file and it arrived not much longer after purchasing and upgrading. However I believe the file is the update used for my initial updating and while I'm fairly sure it's of no use any longer, in that after pulling an all-nighter, weary as I was, I seem to recall when clicking on SB S&D2 Pro's update icon (in the Start Center's window), it downloading didn't appear to have worked. I waited and waited, no download notice, nor did IE's download folder list anywhere, but in as much as I use single-clicking on my OS, when I returned and re-clicked the Update icon until it finally responded, then I believe it (ahem) I either was asked where to download the file, that or perhaps my single-clicking preference mistakenly caused the download to default save onto the desktop. Either way, there it sat and still does, leaving me wondering what to do with it.

Never the less, I'd appreciate hearing from someone in the know, so expectedly I can either delete it or move it wherever it might should have been downloaded to, but moreover since poking around in order to assure myself the file might no longer be of any usefulness, I scanned that cab file towards determining it's contents so as to see if it's contents were or weren't incorporated into the system, which seemingly was fruitless in as much as my search revealed no such named "library files" which when unpacked I'm sure consist of numerous file names and not "library files", but soon after my scanning and searching, yet another issue reared it head. A pop-up appeared warning that '2 Clients appear to be running on PC's and that I was only authorized to have one on a single PC'. So now I'm a little worried, especially since I access the internet on a Public Wi-Fi and (having yet to determine if the server will allow me to run under a VPN, proxy, or even or even if its allowed for me to use a router and firewall of my own), thus who knows maybe someone's been watching my activities and decided to install SB S&D2 Pro for free. If so, I'd sure like to find that out (as well as potentially needing to straighten things out with TeamSpyBot and/or the Safer Networking fellas/damsels.

Sorry for the long read, but considering what might be a resulting ban from using SB S&D2, I though I better explain like when Ricky always told Lucy, "Honey, you've gotta lotta splaining to do".

Best regards and happ-e-trails to all,

urrguru
    Sorry, I left out including the 'kitchen sink' in my post, ie; Add-Remove Programs list, lists a single subject installation, not two.

Default '2 Clients Installed' Team Spybot advises this is a bug

The notice pop-up causing the issue of '2 Clients Installed', has been addressed by the Support Group.

It's reportedly a "small bug" currently found in SpyBot. I'm fairly certain my own doings, either exacerbated or raised the bug's ire by having used SpyBot on one of it's own file's (the once mysterious cab file).

That cab file has been explained, somewhat needlessly in as much as I should have recalled or recognized it as being one created when I chose to do so (my bad here) when using "Report Creator" as afforded in the "SpyBot-S&D Start Center" (in user specified advanced mode, or maybe even in standard mode loo), where that window's section titled as "Advanced Tools" (small chuckle here on my part) it affords the icon titled "Report Creator".

My mysterious cab file clearly has been kindly inferred to me (by Team SpyBot Support), as perhaps something I'd forgotten about after using it (after my attaching it to my Team SpyBot Support request).

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I not only might well have realized what the somewhat non-descript titled cab file actually was, but moreover that I again should have realized that the cab file was created after I began drafting the support request regarding this post's subject matter. But then perhaps my suggesting to Team SpyBot Support, that maybe it would be helpful to update the program's supporting .dll file towards admonishing these 'Report' files to include this wordage, would be of some perhaps necessary helpfulness.

Last but not least, I'm affording Team SpyBot Support Group, 11 out of 10 stars for their last support response, and note that I rarely will ever hand out stars, and do so only when well earned and appreciated.

Again, many thanks and kudos to the Team SpyBot support group, especially one I deem as most respectable, understanding, informative and even most of all, forgiving (Rob).

Best regards and happ-e-trails to all.

urrguru (aka 'Team Customer')

Than you urrguru,

Your post will be valuable for other members with a similar question.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Same 2 Clients issue???

So, I see a lot of posts regarding this issue. The above post states that Safer Networking (i.e., Spybot) is aware of it. This was back in April. I just got the same error and it is November. I have attached a screenshot of the issue and you can also see what version I am using. It is a Paid version.

Is there an ETA of when this will be fixed?

2017-11-23 09_46_07-Open.jpg

Thanks,

M