Thread: Spybot free 2.4, no "scan with other options" available

Default Spybot free 2.4, no "scan with other options" available

I've been trying to find out how to scan ALL drives on my system, and apparently there's supposed to be a "directories" tab in settings, and/or a "scan with other options" option when it asks to show scan results.

I have neither of these. Are they limited to the paid editions?

I can pick drives in the rootkit scan, but not the main malware scan-- it seems that any of the three options I see there, only scan C:, or at best C: and \windows files on other connected drives. Not 'all files in the system'.

Am i missing something obvious?

Default Scan options

I am having the same problem with the Home edition. Other options are greyed out - very frustrating!

Hello,

To compare versions: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/compare/

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions? Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as administrator”.

If you have just installed Spybot, you may find that you cannot run a System Scan because the button has been greyed out.
    Please see here for more information if you are using Windows XP or Vista, and the System Scan button appears as three dots (…).

Solution/Fix:
    Spybot’s System Scan button will be accessible when a complete update has been carried out. This is done to ensure that users are scanning their system for all the latest malware and viruses we have on record.

We have new Spybot tutorials on YouTube:

Spybot 2 Free Edition Tutorials

Spybot + AntiVirus Tutorials

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

To compare versions: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/compare/

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions? Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as administrator”.

If you have just installed Spybot, you may find that you cannot run a System Scan because the button has been greyed out.
    Please see here for more information if you are using Windows XP or Vista, and the System Scan button appears as three dots (…).

Solution/Fix:
    Spybot’s System Scan button will be accessible when a complete update has been carried out. This is done to ensure that users are scanning their system for all the latest malware and viruses we have on record.

We have new Spybot tutorials on YouTube:

Spybot 2 Free Edition Tutorials

Spybot + AntiVirus Tutorials

Best regards.
    I upgraded to 2.5 (free), am running windows 10, and spybot is elevated with administrator permissions. 'Scope' in settings is set to 'scan running system and all users, including not logged in' and 'scan any inactive/external systems as well'. That seems to, as i said, only scan the system drive and any /windows folders on any other drive, NOT 'all the files' on all drives. Currently the only way i can do that, is by adding whole drives to the file scan section, and that's simply not a reasonable solution.

The "scan with other options" option that I'm told should be on the "show scan results" drop-down list, is NOT greyed out, because it doesn't show at all, greyed out or not. it's simply not there.

So, what are my options?

Hello christiebun,

Quote Originally Posted by christiebun View Post
    So, what are my options?
    You could open a support ticket. https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016