Thread: Feeling a little left out here

Default Feeling a little left out here

After a clean install went terribly south just after I installed SpyBot Pro, and TeamSpyBot seems they only write one ticket and you're done with any further support.

Now I'm lucky to just be able to post on this secure website, as I cannot get Service Pack 1 to download or install (nor can I update Internet Explorer in order to access secure websites in general).

Maybe that too's why Windows Update isn't offering me IE11 or even a real Service Pack 1.

Point is I had such great feelings about SpyBot and the one support ticket I as afforded, was handled very quickly, but now I feel just a bit like I've been fleeced, as I cannot contact their Tech Suppt or even the Customer Service, since their support refused to allow me a second ticket (they didn't even reply back having afforded me one support ticket).

With the support rug seemingly jerked out from under me, I was left to wiping the machine and now I am unable to even run the AV I paid for.

Now running IE8, hobbled is more like it. IE8's nearly useless and MS is not providing the Windows 7 Service Packs in order to pressure users into buying in on Windows 10 (or so it surely seems).

I wanted to write Customer Service and say...

May I either have my money back or will someone from your company tell me how to reinstall SpyBot Pro (I had to wipe my machine after TeamSpyBot quit responding). I still have a copy of the license, but unless I know for sure I'm getting the Pro version, I'll not install the free one and slap on a band-aid license (if that's what's expected of me, after all, I was given a SB S&D2 installer and the thing disappeared after I used it, now I'm left feeling just a bit left out out in the rain). Again, money back or some support please.

..but I can't even say that to them, as this old browser isn't compatable
    with safer-networking.org's website (as it can't read their capcha for 'I am not a robot'), so contacting them directly isn't happening.

Even if someone just writes back saying 'do you want some cheese with that wine', that'd be better than being completely shut out.

urrguru

I looked around, and Opera's install page doesn't seem to use https. If you are able to download that, perhaps you could contact technical or customer support, whichever you prefer if you download Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/computer
    I'm actually uncertain how Spybot support works, as I have never used it yet. I don't really know if it's a one response kind of a deal, or if it's ongoing when you open a ticket. But, if it's been quite a while, perhaps if you get a browser that will work with the CAPTCHA and nothing I've posted here works, perhaps it is okay to open another ticket. Or, customer support, if you wish. I'll post the link to support.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/

However, without an antivirus and no service pack 1, you should try to limit your online time as much as possible, so perhaps you can use this page to reinstall Spybot first, if at all possible:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...tall-spybot-2/
    If you already have Spybot 2.4 Free installed, you should be able to skip down to this part:
    If you are using a licensed edition, you will need to redownload and run your license installer from the email you were sent at the time of purchase.

If you do not have access to your installer, you can request it from here:

https://www.safer-networking.org/con...esend-license/
    Ideally, hopefully you still have the email, as if you go to the "Resend License" form, the CAPTCHA is there, unless you were able to get another browser installed(I think another browser should work with CAPTCHA, I'm uncertain if that is a browser issue or not.)
    Running the license installer should work.
    I do remember taking my license file out and then plopping it back into my Spybot folder when I needed to help somebody here, and everything working as needed, however that was several years ago, and of course I had not reformatted my computer, so I cannot verify that for 100%. Though since you have a copy, you could try plopping it into your Spybot folder if you like. Your Spybot folder should be located here if your computer is 64-bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2, or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 if it is 32-bit. To verify, you'd just open Spybot start center, and if everything worked right, it will say Home Or Professional Editon underneath Spybot which you can click on, and verify your information, and also you'd have all options available with nothing greyed out.

Microsoft has this page available, perhaps it might help you with the service pack problem:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ck-for-updates
    If that does not help, there's a forum called whatthetech that you could ask for help at:
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/

Default Clean machine and WU can rot

I know this post's too quite a read, but I think well worth it...

As for things right now, I've as noted below, succeeded in installing W7P again and amazingly also forced the necessary SP-1 and IE11 out of WU.

So now I'm checking back here to update or now as I see, reply to the kind response.

Needless to say, I'll be checking to see if I saved the e-mails as referred to, then hopefully with any bother from the Team or safer-networking customer service, I'll get SpyBot Pro working again.

As for issues with MS, having had it up to here with W's apparent 'dirty tricks' , I tried and succeeded at performing a clean install, deleting the primary partition and somehow it saved the old files somewhere as 'old' (used them once when setting up the desktop icons from the old system).

Moreover, as for WU, it is in my opinion, MS's latest effort at literally forcing users into giving up and buying into their W's 10, again forcing users to pay for their still bunki-prone WMC.

App's for the micro-rant, pun intended.

In as much as I can no longer rely on WU or MS any further, their proving to myself and I'm sure most others as well, their interests are nothing but getting more money for the never ending onslaught of patches, band-aids and new platforms (which they only test by using us as guinea pigs for beta versions and the like).

App's again.

So now with but some 17 important updates installed, amazingly even forced WU to DL and install W7's SP-1, even more amazingly, IE 11. So I'm done with WU, it can rot in u-now where.

For anyone who needs it, most I'm betting, the trick to bypassing WU's bunki-ness, at least for me, was to when the DL's loading bar seems to stall for any unusual length of time, I click the cancel button and immediately click the re-try button.

That ‘trick’ not only resumes the DL at the same percentage it was, but immediately bumps it up to a higher percentage and moreover, the DL bar's percentages quit stalling less and less.

But common sense also told me that once the loading bar percentage displays 98%, I leave it alone and trust it’ll actually complete and change to the installing mode.

I think I may have even also used that trick in the subsequent DL's WU's installing mode, as I think there again, WU/MS had other ideas in mind as it began stalling (having had enough of letting it do it's thing which usually results in 'failed').

My only aim now is to somehow reliably (hopefully without paying for such a program) create a 'slipstream backup' onto an external HD, if that's the right term, so if/when things go south anytime later on, all I need do is spend the 20-30 mins replacing the entire contents of the disk drive (with a once again, working system).

Best regards and happ- e-trails to all,
    urrguru

Default Know the song, With a Little Help From My Friends?

Mmmm. Some issues with my e-mail backup app. seems something to do with the Windows.old files and the Windows files.

But can't yet access the old e-mails.

Tried the kindly provided link for support, but for some reason, can't get the website paging to produce the feedback or support form, let alone the capcha.

If I had a means or the know-how to privately convey the particulars for my 4-9-17 PayPal purchase of SpyBot Pro, I'd love to take you up on the offer of your contacting them (assuming for reasons I think I know why I can't, but perhaps you can).

But for now, all I feel comfortable in posting, is the purchase date and this, my address of .... Edit

That should be enough to enable 'SpyBot' peoples in the know, to resend the installer.

Best regards and happ-e-trails again,
    urrguru
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-04-30 at 06:07. Reason: Edited out address

Glad you were able to get service pack 1 installed.

You are correct to feel uncomfortable posting info on a public forum, it's best not to. I'll send a note to tashi that you're having trouble with the Spybot webpage and the CAPTCHA, and perhaps she'll arrange something. She's very helpful and all sorts of wonderful.

Thank you Zenobia.

Hello urrguru,

Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced, I will contact support and direct them to this topic when they are online.

All the best,

tashi

Edit
    Support made contact.
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-05-02 at 16:26. Reason: Update
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Same old apparrently blocking me.png
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Thank you Zenobia.

Hello urrguru,

Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced, I will contact support and direct them to this topic when they are online.

All the best,

tashi

Edit
    Support made contact.
    Many thanks for the kindness of all replying.

That generosity resulted in my today receiving a brief (almost follow-able) reply from TeamSpyBot, but I still cannot either "reply" to TeamSpyBot's e-mail (using either my MS Office's Outlook or even directly from Yahoo's online e-mail).

Seems they don't afford the customary DO NOT REPLY notices on their e-mails, that or I'm beginning to believe, indeed the Team is stiffing me.

I've attached a screenshot showing as far as I can get trying to use safer-networking's webmail (I'm no longer getting past that point, not even a capcha window, nothing but the useless premise selections , which repeatedly no matter which or if I select them all, they simply fail at getting me to the contact or feedback form.

If affordable still, perhaps my issues might be forwarded once again, this time in detail, and if so, I've attached the matters to this post.

Heaps of kudos for this forum's helpful angels,

Best regards and happ-e-trails to all,
    urrguru
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by urrguru; 2017-05-04 at 09:33.