Hi, I am currently using Windows 7 and have used Spybot Anti-Beacon before, version 1.4 around 9 months ago. I had it installed previously, version 1.4 and everything was working great. There was a small issue with one of my windows updates where I had to disable immunizations to get my internet working. So I left it disabled and uninstalled Spybot Anti-Beacon from that day forward. Two days ago I saw that there was a new version and decided to install it again, except this time opting for the portable version. I installed it and everything went through properly as I ran it as Administrator (applying all immunizations).

As soon as I loaded up the internet I noticed something odd, there was this very noticeable scrolling lag that took place. Mainly when I loaded up large pictures or pictures in general. The pages themselves load up very quickly, however the actual web browsing itself seems to have been incredibly bogged down and slowed down. There is a delay in scrolling, stuttering, hitching, and overall slowness of browsing pages. I was extremely frustrated because the issue presented itself as soon as I was done applying the immunizations with Spybot Anti-Beacon. So I decided to remove the immunizations and restart. The issue still presented itself. After trying many various things. Using different browsers; Mozilla, Opera, I discovered that the issue presented itself in other browsers also.

I tried a restore point, and that didn't fix it.
I tried reinstalling video card drivers and that didn't fix it.
I tried going into the hosts file and restoring a hosts file to an older version. This seemed to work slightly better but eventually if I had a few tabs open and I started looking at pictures it would begin to bog down again.

One thing I noticed is that it usually doesn't start until pictures are involved. After loading a certain amount of pictures it begins to slow the browser down, then the scrolling lag carries over to other pages even if the pages do not have any pictures.

The issue doesn't present itself on the Desktop at all. Meaning it happens as far as I'm aware, only in the Internet Browsers themselves. Actual performance on the desktop is great. Games run fine and smooth. Which makes me 100% certain it is a Anti-Beacon problem. Only issue is I do not know of other settings it might change or try to change that could cause the defunct browsing experience. I do know that in the log file it says many of the settings it tries to disable or modify are for Windows 10 only something I do not remember in version 1.4. But the desktop experience is normal, loading up programs, scrolling in programs, using programs. There is no lag or slowness on the desktop or in games. The issue seems to be isolated to internet browsing.

Anyway I have a fairly high-end computer:

Intel i7-2600k HT-on
16GB 2133MHz memory
GTX 780
SSD

So there really should be absolutely no issues running multiple tabs, loading pictures, or anything like that. I've never had such issues with the computer until after using Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.6. The problem took effect immediately. As in, as soon as I applied the Immunizations and went back on the internet. The problem began. It seems to be triggered by high resolution pictures or pictures in general. Then the slowness begins. After modifying the hosts file and restoring it to an older version it seems that the slowness varies more widely now whereas previously it was instant. Wherein, it will seem to slow down for a minute again. Then I will be focused on doing something (like for instance typing up this post) and go back to those pages and it won't be slow anymore. To give a good example of what it feels like, for those who are familiar with framerate, it is almost as if framerate is dropping extensively. As in, it is smooth scrolling @ 60 fps and then it is dropping to 45 fps or lower at times. It's even more apparent when you slowly scroll. There is like a slight pause while trying to scroll down or up like it is loading something (even though the page is already fully loaded). The issue is repeatable. For instance, previously I was saying it won't be slow. However, I can go to the Youtube main page where it has all my subscriptions. Scroll up and down really fast (even after all the thumbnails have loaded) and eventually the slowness will ensue and be carried over to the other pages.

I have another computer, a laptop that has much worse specs than my desktop and it doesn't exhibit the issue. I really would like to fix this issue without having to do a fresh install of windows because that would really be terrible. I'm pretty much stumped as to what else to do. I'm hoping that maybe people who understand the program might know of some other settings Anti-Beacon could have interfered with that could be reversed that might resolve the issue as I really have no other idea what to do.