Thread: My computer wont connect to the internet wireless card keeps disconnecting

Default My computer wont connect to the internet wireless card keeps disconnecting

Please help. The internet keeps connecting and disconnecting on my computer. I am not sure if its update issue or what. I tried to update the computer and look for the problem but no fix.
    Please help.

Hello essak,

Could you provide more details please.

What is the operating system and was there a particular event when the issue started?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I am operating with windows 7 64 bit home premium, with intel I3 2.40 Ghz with 4gb of ram. The issue started about a year ago, it started dropping internet and would say "Your connection was interrupted A network change was detected.ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED" on the chrome web browser. So after trying many things which I found online, I decided to wipe the hard drive and re-install all software with sony factory CD's. It worked!! A few months later it did it again and this time I went to wireless adapter configuration - power management tab - and unchecked the box marked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". That solved the problem for a few months. Now it happened again so, I got an old hard drive wiped it and reinstalled using sony factory cd's but it did not solve the problem. I even replaced the wireless card with a used one but it continued to give me the same error (I put the old one back in). The reason why i think it is a virus is because when I run speed test directly connected via an ethernet cable, my download speed is 1/3 of what it is on my other computers which are connected wirelessly.

I cannot recall any particular event that might have precipitated such an event. I have never dropped water on it, and it has never fallen on the floor. Please advise.

Hi essak,

Quote Originally Posted by essak View Post
    The reason why i think it is a virus is because when I run speed test directly connected via an ethernet cable, my download speed is 1/3 of what it is on my other computers which are connected wirelessly.
    I noticed you had an issue with a computer and started a topic in the malware forum here in August, 2016.
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...net-on-and-off

Is it the same machine?

Quote Originally Posted by essak View Post
    I decided to wipe the hard drive and re-install all software with sony factory CD's. It worked!! A few months later it did it again
    When was this please. Also, did you use a usb to transfer files or practice file sharing?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016