Thread: Disappointed with Spybot

Angry Disappointed with Spybot

First off, I am disappointed the the "Contact Us" link does not work.
    Secondly, I have used Spybot but my Surface keeps getting messages that if I do not call a number all my data will be lost. The message is: Microsoft Edge Server Microsoft.com port 339.info is asking for my log in and password.
    The second message is: Server reports from 0x80070424 warning. Activation key damaged system compromised call 888-578-0463
    The third message at a different time was Msoft.com -msoft510.info Error: unknown system failure.
    An oral message warns me not to turn off my computer or my data will be lost and to call the number listed above to resolve.
    Fortunately, I am able to shut down my computer and then close the windows after some effort or use alt-ctrl-del to stop the program. I have not lost data, but am disappointed that Spybot does not protect me. I have stopped Spybot and will rely on Windows Defender to see if the problem reoccurs. I really wish Spybot could provide the technical support the website indicates is available.

Angry Disappointed with Spybot

Don't know if my submission was posted so I am doing it again.
    First off, I am disappointed the the "Contact Us" link does not work.
    Secondly, I have used Spybot but my Surface keeps getting messages that if I do not call a number all my data will be lost. The message is: Microsoft Edge Server Microsoft.com port 339.info is asking for my log in and password.
    The second message is: Server reports from 0x80070424 warning. Activation key damaged system compromised call 888-578-0463
    The third message at a different time was Msoft.com -msoft510.info Error: unknown system failure.
    An oral message warns me not to turn off my computer or my data will be lost and to call the number listed above to resolve.
    Fortunately, I am able to shut down my computer and then close the windows after some effort or use alt-ctrl-del to stop the program. I have not lost data, but am disappointed that Spybot does not protect me. I have stopped Spybot and will rely on Windows Defender to see if the problem reoccurs. I really wish Spybot could provide the technical support the website indicates is available.
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-05-11 at 07:07. Reason: Merged two topics, moved from the malware removal forum

Hello joestehling,

Sorry to hear of the problem, did you receive an error message when trying to use the contact form?

I see you posted a topic at Microsoft Answers on May 6th. "I use Spybot Search and Destroy for my antivirus."

To clarify, you have the Spybot +AV (antivirus) edition? Program Overview

There are many tech scams. You ran another security program, "and it finds a bunch of malware and other problems."

Someone should take a look at the system.

Please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which provides instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR.

These logs are used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can assist you, also provide a link back to this thread please.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016