Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Protection & Security Service will not run

Default Live Protection & Security Service will not run

Ran into a strange issue for which I have been going back and forth with support, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this and might have some suggestions while I wait for support to get back to me.

Running Spybot + AntiVirus Home Edition (v2.5) on Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393).

I launched Start Center yesterday to update definitions, and noticed that Live Protection was set to "partially" running. I opened settings, went to advanced, and noticed that Live Protection was installed but not running for some reason. I tried to start it, but received an error saying the Live Protection Driver could not be started.

I then checked System Services, and the Security Center Service was also not running. When I tried to start it, I received an error saying it could not start the Security Center Service, gave an error number (-2146762495) "A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or time stamp in the signed file".

To fix Live Protection, I was instructed to uninstall Live Protection, reboot, then re-install in advanced settings. I did that, it did not work. Same error.

To fix the Security Center Service, I was told to run the spybotsd2-install-wsc-update-a.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 directory. I did that, and it didn't install anything..once I clicked next during the install dialogue, it flashed quickly and disappeared. I verified this, as I have the same error.

Support finally told me to uninstall completely, delete the directory, then re-install with link they gave me. I did so, then reinstalled my licenses. I ran update, but noticed that Live Protection was once again listed as "partial". Tried the same instructions as above, same result...neither Live Protection or Security Center Service are on or working, and cannot be turned on.

I did check my windows update log, and everything is up to date, and doesn't look like I've installed any updates for a couple of weeks...and this problem literally just popped up yesterday morning. Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, has any suggestions, etc.?

I have a mostly similar issue which started recently too. Only that in addition my spybot reinstall doesn't let me start the spybot settings and after a few dozen system reboots the automatic update service won't start either.

Default I also

I have this issue also. Communicating with support they indicate that they are suffering certificate update issues and that windows is stopping the exe's/services from running as the certificates used to register the various executables has expired. Unfortunately it looks like some patience will be required while a solution is identified and prepared.

Default Same issue here

I thought i would uninstall live protection and reinstall which is now causing me not to be able to download the system Driver. i'm also running 2.5 but the pro version on win 10

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by feeks View Post
    I have this issue also. Communicating with support they indicate that they are suffering certificate update issues and that windows is stopping the exe's/services from running as the certificates used to register the various executables has expired. Unfortunately it looks like some patience will be required while a solution is identified and prepared.
    Yes and thank you.

Announcements: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...lisher-Unknown

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Yes same problem here with 2 new installs ... not very promising and haven't gotten any information back from "support"

Has anyone heard anything about an eta when our systems will be secure again?

Default Live Protection

Same issue here, at least you guys have heard from support, I was beginning to think there was no one out there anymore.........

elton

Default Had same problem - Fixed

Uninstall spybot completely. Do a restart. Go to the folder location that it installs to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

Delete everything sitting in there except your license files.

Re-install from the spybot-license.exe that they send you when you register.

Setup continues completely fresh and asks if you want to turn live protection on. Say yes, works.

I also have the same Security Center Service problem. I have V2.5 of Spybot. Has it been withdrawn? The newest version for downloading seems to be V2.4.