Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.6, Windows 8.1 64bit Build 9600

Default Spybot Anti-Beacon 1.6, Windows 8.1 64bit Build 9600

This may be due to recent updates, the windows old hardware update patch (https://github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19/releases), new version of Anti-beacon or may have always been a problem, but something in the optional telemetry hosts (extensive list) causes windows update to fail. Don't wanna fix it no problem but at least put a memo saying "may break windows update" (fastest fix). Other ways to fix, one is to get to the bottom of the tweak responsible for windows update failure (time consuming), another is to automatically disable this tweak when spybot detects windows update service and re-enable afterwards (fast fix). Now I don't remember the error code, but I do remember that it ended with F and the it translate to "Windows update failed for unknown reasons". This problem gave me a headache because I thought there was something wrong with my firewall config, even though I ran windows update with it many times. However in the past, things worked for a while and then didn't, but I finally have the silverlining firewall config.

Summary: Optional telemetry hosts (extensive list) breaks Windows Update on Windows 8.1

Thanks for a great product.

Default Is Anti-Beacon 1.6 haveing problems in Win 7?

Is Anti-Beacon 1.6 haveing problems in Win 7?
    Given the problems with Win 8.1 Windows update want to know before updating from Anti-Beacon 1.5 which is not causing any problems with Win 7
    Thanks