Thread: Spybot "Professional" version can not complete system scan

Default Spybot "Professional" version can not complete system scan

I started a scan and the software indicated completion time was something less than 2 hours. However, after about 1 1/2 hours the completion time turned to 1568 (or something close to this) and ran for many hours without this number changing. When I got up this morning, it appeared to have finished the scan. I tried to clean up the problems it found, but received a message that the program could not continue.

I started another scan this morning and it has been running for 4 hours and shows the message "Estimated time left : 1569". I am afraid I am going to have the same problem in the software not being able to fix the problems it finds.

I have been using this software for quite a few years and have never had it take this long to do a scan of my system. Is this long scan time normal? Why can it not clean up the problem it finds?

Default Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney View Post
    I started a scan and the software indicated completion time was something less than 2 hours. However, after about 1 1/2 hours the completion time turned to 1568 (or something close to this) and ran for many hours without this number changing. When I got up this morning, it appeared to have finished the scan. I tried to clean up the problems it found, but received a message that the program could not continue.

I started another scan this morning and it has been running for 4 hours and shows the message "Estimated time left : 1569". I am afraid I am going to have the same problem in the software not being able to fix the problems it finds.

I have been using this software for quite a few years and have never had it take this long to do a scan of my system. Is this long scan time normal? Why can it not clean up the problem it finds?
    Problem Resolved:
    Even though I had the message that the program could not continue, I just let it run, and within an hours I did fix the problems it found.

This is all a little strange since I have been using this software for a long time and never had this problem before.