Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ransom Page Locked Browser - Windows Doing Strange Things - Is There a Virus?

Default Ransom Page Locked Browser - Windows Doing Strange Things - Is There a Virus?

Hi Juliet,

I've been away on a break for a few days.

I feel lots better now I know nothing nasty wormed its way into my PC.

Thanks for all your assistance; it is appreciated. It would be great to get some help cleaning up now.

Thanks again.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

DelFix

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

• AdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
    • CryptoPrevent places policy restrictions on loading points for ransomware (eg. CryptoWall), helping prevent the execution of malware.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) is designed to prevent zero-day malware from exploiting vulnerable software.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (MBAM) works in real-time along side your Anti-Virus to prevent malware execution.
    • NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
    • Sandboxie isolates programmes of your choice, preventing files from being written to your HDD unless approved by you.
    • Secunia PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable softwarethat is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
    • SpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
    • Unchecky automatically removes checkmarks for bunlded software in programme installers; helping you avoid adware and PUPs.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Thank you

Thanks for all your help.

I'm sure you've been able to guess, things haven't been straight forward at this end. In the past, I've been able to reply immediately to posts in the forum when someone has been kind enough to help - so, sorry I haven't been able to get back sooner each time you posted.

I assure you that all your help is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Don't worry about me or the forum.
    Take care of yourself.

We're glad to help, safe surfing
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Glad we could help.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.