Thread: Sync-en.exe.bid

Default Sync-en.exe.bid

I have been seeing malwarebytes blocking something called "sync-en.exe.bid" but I have not been able to find out exactly what it is, where it came from or how to remove it.

I am running Windows 10, using firefox, chrome, and edge browsers, and this pops up on each browser.

Does anybody know how to remove this? Thanks.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Which version of malwarebytes are you using?

The most current is 3.0.6

~~~~~~~~~~

I suggest installing an ad blocker such as Adblock Plus. Once installed, click on the ABP icon at the top of
    the browsers it is installed on and choose Filter Preferences. UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements.
    Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox Adblock Plus - Chrome Web Store Adblock Plus for Edge browser
    Adblock Plus for IE

Block Third party (ad/ tracking) cookies from installing. Once blocked, run CCleaner to delete the existing ones.
    How to disable third-party cookies in all major web browsers

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
    Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
    After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
    CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

install ublock origin
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jbkeiagm?hl=en
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.