i'm aware that you can't fix fans or hinges? but you did ask how the machine was running so i was just rambling. the google chrome thing, i kind of read that it was a bit of a weird glitch. the thing is, i only had one other tab open at the time with this recent episode with it.
i have one other question and im sorry if it's not something you can answer or "fix". there are 18 different things for Microsoft Visual C++ listed in my programs/features list in control panel. i've read that this is a massive amount and they are not all needed. however, since i believe they are something needed to run the OS or such, i do need them. i just dont think they are all necessary and i am not that computer literate to go around and start uninstalling or removing versions. id probably break something. http://i.imgur.com/DOx9QY4.png

i did not find the "former owner, Downloads ==> 2014-03-31 10:29" that you told me to. i searched for the specific date as well in the downloads and still nothing. if it was something that was installed back then, why did it just randomly decide to show the icon? when it happened i talked to the former owner and she claims she had no idea and had never seen it before either when i showed her a screenshot of the icon.

anyway thank you for your help so far its greatly appreciated. i like this site and its very helpful.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 29-06-2017
Ran by Owner (29-06-2017 22:45:07) Run:4
Running from C:\Users\Owner\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Owner (Available Profiles: Owner)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:

EndProcesses:
CreateRestorePoint:
C:\Program Files\Spoon\3.33.1109.0\Spoon-Sandbox.exe
C:\Program Files\Spoon
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Sandbox\Spoon.net Plugin\3.33.6.270\2014.03.31T16.30\local\modified\@PROFILE@\Downloads\Spoon-Console.exe
Emptytemp:

EndProcesses: => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.
Restore point was successfully created.
"C:\Program Files\Spoon\3.33.1109.0\Spoon-Sandbox.exe" => not found.
"C:\Program Files\Spoon" => not found.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Sandbox\Spoon.net Plugin\3.33.6.270\2014.03.31T16.30\local\modified\@PROFILE@\Downloads\Spoon-Console.exe => moved successfully

=========== EmptyTemp: ==========

BITS transfer queue => 8388608 B
DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 4402595 B
Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 0 B
Windows/system/drivers => 60411 B
Edge => 0 B
Chrome => 871433211 B
Firefox => 18781667 B
Opera => 0 B

Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent:
Default => 0 B
Users => 0 B
ProgramData => 0 B
Public => 0 B
systemprofile => 0 B
systemprofile32 => 0 B
LocalService => 14276 B
NetworkService => 0 B
Owner => 13746791 B

RecycleBin => 43032 B
EmptyTemp: => 874.4 MB temporary data Removed.

================================

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 22:46:25 ====