Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The requested URL was rejected" with only one site, everywhere else is ok

Update;
    This backup HDD, now, at least twice the login page does not appear as opposed to the main HDD where the reverse is true. The laptop is still good, no failures. These testes were done opening I closing the browser thou most times I didn't bother loggin since that isn't the problem as long as the page doesn't get re-directed.

I don't use Idiot Exploiter, nor Chrome-dome (Google spies enough on me as it is). Just FireFox as my backup. I'll do a fresh install of Opera, but I do have a 'portable' version I will try first.
    I cleared the 'hosts' file that was full of addresses Spybot added.

Wow, you sure come up with interesting programs.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

This backup HDD, now, at least twice the login page does not appear as opposed to the main HDD where the reverse is true.
    Are both HDD set up exactly security app wise?

If it's not malware, it has to be settings or security.

When finished, let me know how you made with with the Eset scanner.

And the new FRST logs.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Specifically what/where security settings. Within the browser or the O/S? Nothing has changed with either, especially with the backup drive.

That Emsisoft is coming up with too many false positives.

Specifically what/where security settings. Within the browser
    Yes, Opera browser is thats the main browser you use. Checking the net some were able to go into the web sites after following the below.

Some say it's related to firewall rules but I find that unlikely.

Delete cookies
    Opera 10.50, 11, and Newer

Click on the Opera button in the top left corner > Settings > Delete Private Data... NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
    Click on Detailed Options to show the rest of the options. Make sure only the following are checked: Delete temporary cookies.

Opera (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
    https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=12381

To ensure that cookie information is kept in the browser, select Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Cookies and check "Delete new cookies when exiting Opera" and close Opera when you have finished browsing

If you think the scanner is finding false positives, don't allow it to delete or quarantine anything, just save the log and I'll look at it.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Those security setting are mostly default. Anyway no changes.
    I delete cookies & cache on exit, SOP with me in all browsers. There are a few sites that I leave cookies for easier re-login purposes.

Would a wired vs wireless network connection make any difference? The tower is wired, the laptop is wireless.

Question:
    What is rejecting the specific bank address? The bank site itself, or something/somewhere else? Is there some way to trace that down, I'm not good with Internet paths etc.

Would a wired vs wireless network connection make any difference? The tower is wired, the laptop is wireless.
    I would certainly try this, it wont hurt anything and should only take a minute to find out.

Question:
    What is rejecting the specific bank address? The bank site itself, or something/somewhere else? I
    I don't know.
    My first thought was antivirus/firewall but if that was true you could temporarily disable it and reset rules.
    A gateway rejection that a verification request did not pass certain settings or rules in your Control Panel.
    I've read where, delete the bookmark for the site, reboot, then go back to the site and reset it in bookmarks to work.

All the above are guesses.

I can suggest you visit another forum, where I am also a member, and create a new topic (include a link to this one here) and let's see if the tech guys there can figure this out.
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=123

This keeps on getting better.

I connected the Laptop to a wired connection. For the most part all was fine EXCEPT for ONE time where I received the message, but this time it was AFTER I login on the accounts summary page (the page I would/should normally see). I refreshed the page, it went to that blank white page with the same message. Again, this only happened once. I closed and reopened the browser a number of times, reboot4ed etc, but the probelm didn't return. I unplugged thje cable, went back to wire;less and all was still ok.

I should add the O/S id XP Pro.

I called that bank online help number again, told the story, I was told to go here and enter my IP address in;
    http://brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

See the attachment, scroll down to the bottom, the score was 40 which put it 'just in' their "Suspicious" status (the lower the number the worse it is). She told me to request an IP address change. This current one I have had for more than two months. That contradicts the above green checkmarks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FYI: their 2017 threat report from that company in pdf form;

https://www.webroot.com/download_file/view/946

You can follow her advise to try and change out IP address.....this takes me out of my field.

It worked being hard wired?, does this mean router is the problem? and then it worked and stopped?

so much guess work.

see if the tech guys there can figure this out.
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=123
    I would think they can figure out problems with routers and IP addresses.