Thread: Installation and uninstallation are alarmed.

Exclamation Installation and uninstallation are alarmed.

Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1 x64

Installation and uninstallation are alarmed.

install:
    Unable to execute file:
    c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & detroy 2\SDWSCSvc.exe
    CreateProcess failed; code 577.

uninstall:
    a problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error.

the "C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp" is totally empty, nothing in there.

Is it the Spybot 2.4 edition that you downloaded? Also, is it the free edition?
    And when you go to uninstall, does the BitDefender Threat Scanner come up, and if you click OK, it makes a sort of dinging noise, and the error box will not go away?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Is it the Spybot 2.4 edition that you downloaded? Also, is it the free edition?
    its Spybot 2.6 Free Edition.

And when you go to uninstall, does the BitDefender Threat Scanner come up,
    yes.

and if you click OK, it makes a sort of dinging noise, and the error box will not go away?
    I did not notice whether there was a tone noise, when click OK, the error box disappears.

Okay, thanks. This might be a little complicated, I tried to post this as simply as possible.

This is just info only to start: I couldn't find anything on the CreateProcess failed; code 577 error exactly. However, the system error code 577 is this:
    ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH

577 (0x241)

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Step 1: For the "a problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner", I got around that error by doing this. Try rightclicking Spybot Start Center and running as administrator, checkmark Advanced Mode, click Settings, select System Services, beside Scanner Service click Stop, then uncheck Active After Every Reboot. Next, click the arrow beside Scanner Service, select Uninstall. If the BitDefender Threat Scanner comes up immediately, ignore it, and just reboot your computer. I got the error while windows was shutting down, too, but it still shutdown anyways. Once you log back into windows, try uninstalling once again, hopefully that error should be gone. Please let me know if you run into problems with this step.

Step 2: I am unfamiliar with what to do to correct the Create Process; 577 error associated with SDWSCSvc.exe. There is an error that happens when a custom install is done and the integration of windows security center during installation is unchecked. However, this is a Create Process; error code 2, so I don't believe that applies in your situation. So, since I'm unfamiliar with what to do with the error 577 in this instance, I'm going to refer you to support, so they can give you help with that. Also, please give them all the info you have posted here with both errors, etc, or you can give a link to here. If any of their instructions differ from what I have posted, please follow what Spybot Support says:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Step 3: For the "a problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner" error, a fix was posted for free edition users, so you can refer to that also when reinstalling Spybot 2.6 during or after you get help with the error 577 from Spybot support:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629

Okay, thanks. This might be a little complicated, I tried to post this as simply as possible.

This is just info only to start: I couldn't find anything on the CreateProcess failed; code 577 error exactly. However, the system error code 577 is this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Step 1: For the "a problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner", I got around that error by doing this. Try rightclicking Spybot Start Center and running as administrator, checkmark Advanced Mode, click Settings, select System Services, beside Scanner Service click Stop, then uncheck Active After Every Reboot. Next, click the arrow beside Scanner Service, select Uninstall. If the BitDefender Threat Scanner comes up immediately, ignore it, and just reboot your computer. I got the error while windows was shutting down, too, but it still shutdown anyways. Once you log back into windows, try uninstalling once again, hopefully that error should be gone. Please let me know if you run into problems with this step.

Step 2: I am unfamiliar with what to do to correct the Create Process; 577 error associated with SDWSCSvc.exe. There is an error that happens when a custom install is done and the integration of windows security center during installation is unchecked. However, this is a Create Process; error code 2, so I don't believe that applies in your situation. So, since I'm unfamiliar with what to do with the error 577 in this instance, I'm going to refer you to support, so they can give you help with that. Also, please give them all the info you have posted here with both errors, etc, or you can give a link to here. If any of their instructions differ from what I have posted, please follow what Spybot Support says:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Step 3: For the "a problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner" error, a fix was posted for free edition users, so you can refer to that also when reinstalling Spybot 2.6 during or after you get help with the error 577 from Spybot support:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629
    thank you.

running as administrator -> Advanced Mode -> Settings -> click Scanner Service "Stop", the "BitDefender Threat Scanner" window comes up immediately. I kept it off at least 6 times ... -> uncheck "Active After every reboot". -> select Uninstall. no "BitDefender Threat Scanner" window comes up.

I have given up trying to get a more complex solution because I think these error messages do not seem to affect the use.

Okay. You're welcome.