Thread: Missed detection for Anti-Beacon

Exclamation Missed detection for Anti-Beacon

Greetings! Thanks so much for making the Spybot Anti-Beacon available. It provides a lot of peace of mind.

I'm writing to report one CEIP instance that seems to be overlooked by its scan/immunization process under Windows 7 SP1. Listed as Microsoft Reliability Analysis in Task Scheduler under Microsoft/Windows/RAC, it's tied to the Customer Experience Improvement Program according to its description. I'm not sure, but it may impact other Spybot products too.

CEIP (MS Reliability Analysis).png
    I hope this is useful info!
    Last edited by Kalimba; 2017-07-24 at 22:30.
    - Kal

Additional report: Spybot Anti-Beacon reports a false result on my machine (x64 Win 7 SP1). It shows that only 4/5 of CEIP scheduled tasks are disabled, but checking them manually confirms that they're all disabled. If I use Anti-Beacon to do an immunization it shows 100% immunized until I quit and restart it - then it goes back to the 4/5 result display.

misread.png

On a related note, the Task Scheduler entry for Anti-Beacon's system startup task to refresh immunization is designated as being for Vista & Server 2008, in case it matters. I don't know if changing it to Win 7 & Server 2008 R2 affects anything important so I left it alone.
    - Kal