Thread: Spybot v2.6 - Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp fix not working

Default Spybot v2.6 - Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp fix not working

I've recently installed your fine product on my Win 10 - Home computer.

Now every time I restart I get the generic "" message. I've come across the official fix for this error message as seen here, but for some reason it seems to not be working for me.

First of all it says replace missing or corrupt SDAV.dll, which I do from the missing files page. I select the 2.6 version, and see it as 30.4kB when downloaded and 31kB when put in the directory it prompts me to. Even after all this I get the same error message when I restart.

Am I doing this wrong? Should I try something else?

Thanks in advance.

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing - I was literally signing up to this forum to write pretty much the same question as you, but you beat me to it.

I don't have a solution, but I have a little more information that may or may not be of use.

• The problem occurred for me after upgrading to the latest version of BitDefender (the earlier version of BitDefender has been coexisting alongside Spybot quite happily for some time now). In order to install them both, I had to first uninstall Spybot, then install the latest version of Bitdefender, and then reinstall Spybot. Bitdefender seems to prevent Spybot from being present during installation - prompting to remove it.
    • If attempting to uninstall Spybot while BitDefender is installed, the "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error." message appears perpetually - refusing to go away until the computer has been restarted. This suggests to me that Spybot is could possibly still be active at this stage and preventing BitDefender from doing something.
    • BitDefender's generated error log (BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp) is always completely empty, showing a filesize of 0 bytes - whether this is generated during a restart or when uninstalling Spybot.

In my case, I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.

Hello Perth,

Sorry to hear of the problem, please open a support ticket here.

Hello Hobbes99,

Which edition of Spybot do you have installed please, see them here.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello tashi,

I'm using the latest version (at the time of writing) of Spybot Free Edition - version 2.6.46.0.

Best wishes.

Angry

Hi all!

Im also getting this after i install free version spybotsd-2.6.46
    I have to uninstall then remove the folder to stop the popup at every reboot.
    Ive tried to install spybot several times, sometime the error pops up just after i de-installed spybot and remains until i reboot.

I also need to mention that after a clean installation and doing the update an update error occurs when doing so.
    The error pops up before and after update, so it didnt make any difference.
    Last edited by stinkis; 2017-08-04 at 04:35.

Hello,

If you open support tickets it may help them in tracking the issue.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello all,

This is my 1st post here; I had a similar problem not long ago. I found the answer on this forum and I hope that anyone who's still unable to resolve the problem will find it helpful. Have a look at the following post:

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629

If you follow the instructions exactly, you should be able to get the problem sorted - it's worked for me on 2 PCs. This is for the free version of Spybot 2.6.

Best wishes and good luck with it!

PS If you see a lot of these - Â - in the post I linked to, ignore them, I've got no idea what they're there for!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret McN View Post
    Hello all,

This is my 1st post here; I had a similar problem not long ago. I found the answer on this forum and I hope that anyone who's still unable to resolve the problem will find it helpful. Have a look at the following post:

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629

If you follow the instructions exactly, you should be able to get the problem sorted - it's worked for me on 2 PCs. This is for the free version of Spybot 2.6.

Best wishes and good luck with it!

PS If you see a lot of these - Â - in the post I linked to, ignore them, I've got no idea what they're there for!
    Thanks for that link Margaret!

After 2 days and around 10hours of trying to get rid of the BitDefender error message I will now delete and re-install SB v2.6 and keep my fingers crossed!

Cheers